Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Orthodics

Posted by Dani S on 5/28/01 at hrmin (049092)

This is going to sound stupid,
and I hope I'm not wasting your time,
but I was wondering, If I get my foot moulded
for orthodics, then how long after the mould is
taken will I get them. I need to know this because
tommorrow I'm getting my foot moulded for them, and
I need them the same day, but the person helping me doesn't
know the answer to my question.
Thanks a bunch.
Dani

Re: Orthodics

Dr. Zuckerman on 5/28/01 at 08:34 (049100)

from one week upto six weeks. The person who molded them should call the lab and find out. We get them in about seven days. in our office

Richard, C.Ped on 5/30/01 at 11:21 (049348)

Hi Dani,
I agree with Dr. Z. If you were casted by a DPM, it will take about a week or so to get them. If you went directly to a C.Ped, it is possible to have them made in a day. I have had patients referred to me that were going on vacation the next day, so to help them out, I have made the orthois in a day, cast to finish.

I have also found out where they will be, and shipped the orthotics to them. I made sure I traced their insole as well as their foot to make sure they will get a decent fit. I recommend that they come to the office after their vacation.
Richard, C.Ped

Dr. Zuckerman on 5/30/01 at 18:27 (049394)

Now I really know why I have you fabricate orthosis for my patients. You always take that extra step that is called first class service

Richard, C.Ped on 5/31/01 at 13:50 (049480)

You know it. I try to get your orthotics shipped in a day or two after I get them. Mike has a lot to do with it though. He is the one that has been making them lately.
Richard

Dr. Zuckerman on 5/28/01 at 08:34 (049100)

from one week upto six weeks. The person who molded them should call the lab and find out. We get them in about seven days. in our office

Richard, C.Ped on 5/30/01 at 11:21 (049348)

Hi Dani,
I agree with Dr. Z. If you were casted by a DPM, it will take about a week or so to get them. If you went directly to a C.Ped, it is possible to have them made in a day. I have had patients referred to me that were going on vacation the next day, so to help them out, I have made the orthois in a day, cast to finish.

I have also found out where they will be, and shipped the orthotics to them. I made sure I traced their insole as well as their foot to make sure they will get a decent fit. I recommend that they come to the office after their vacation.
Richard, C.Ped

Dr. Zuckerman on 5/30/01 at 18:27 (049394)

Now I really know why I have you fabricate orthosis for my patients. You always take that extra step that is called first class service

Richard, C.Ped on 5/31/01 at 13:50 (049480)

You know it. I try to get your orthotics shipped in a day or two after I get them. Mike has a lot to do with it though. He is the one that has been making them lately.
Richard