Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

looseing hope - please help

Posted by Kavitha on 5/28/01 at hrmin (049093)

I had surgeryfor a nuroma in the right foot last August 24. THe foot was more painful after surgery then before and i repeatedly told the dr that i was still walking on a lump and the foot was very painful . I underwent thereapy and finely he had an insert made for inside the shoe but nothing seemed to help. He returned me to work on jan 2nd. In March i could not deal with the foot any longer as it was painful walking for more then a short distance and the driving was very hard. I went to a different foot dr who said i more then likely had a second nuroma in there that may of been there at the first surgery but was overlooked and on Aprial 2 I had a second surgery to that foot and a rather large nuroma was removed. My bigest problem is this foot is still in alot of pain and i can not walk on it for more then a few min at a time and i can not drive. It bothers me when just sitting with the foot up like a burning pain throgh the large toe and the second toe through out the pad of the foot. THe dr has said that there is no longer suffient fat there to cover the bone. I once again went threw thereapy and he is having a new insert made. I do not have a lot of faith in that as the foot pains with out walking on it . He has not given me much hope of any relief and i am not sure when or if i will be able to return to work if the foot does not improve. Can u tell me is there any new treatment for this foot -- is there any help anything to relieve it and get it back to some kind of normal use -- please help me -- ty Kavitha

Re: looseing hope - please help

Dr. Zuckerman on 5/28/01 at 08:28 (049098)

Hi,

I got your e-mail and responsed to your directly

Re: looseing hope - please help

Dr. Zuckerman on 5/28/01 at 08:28 (049098)

Hi,

I got your e-mail and responsed to your directly