Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Continuing problem?

Posted by Sonja on 5/28/01 at 12:54 (049126)

I'm sorry to keep bothering you all, but I think now that my original post has gone way down it may not get answered. I'm the one with the stress fractures and asked if you think this will happen continually or will heal and not happen again. I had cortisone shots, PF surgery, do not have osteoporosis or arthritis in the affected foot. I read that cortisone could be the cause. So I hope it will not be something that happens over and over. I so desperately want to go on with life and not be held back, so am hoping that once I'm out of this cast things will get better.Any Imput? Thank you so much.
PS- How many cortisone shots is considered too much?

Re: Continuing problem?

Dr. Zuckerman on 5/28/01 at 14:39 (049130)

I posted an article on the effects of pf release and the stress it places on the foot.

I have seen this problem before. The casting is important so that the foot ligaments and pf can rest. Steriod shots need to be used very carefully.

The average for pf rupture is two.

Re: Continuing problem?

Dr. Zuckerman on 5/28/01 at 14:39 (049130)

I posted an article on the effects of pf release and the stress it places on the foot.

I have seen this problem before. The casting is important so that the foot ligaments and pf can rest. Steriod shots need to be used very carefully.

The average for pf rupture is two.