Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

New product - custom insert

Posted by Scott R on 5/28/01 at 14:19 (049128)

Here's the insert I'm using now. It seems pretty good. You mold it at home, so you get to design how much arch support you want. My only complaint is that it only has as much cushion as a regular insert. Dr. Aronson is making design changes at my request.
https://helius.safe-order.net/cgi-heelspurs/a/b.cgi?p=cf

Brain, please see my response yesterday about lack of time to fix the search function.

Re: New product - custom insert

Richard, C.Ped on 5/29/01 at 13:46 (049241)

I could not get the link to work. I wanted to find out more about it before I responded. I think I will anyway. The only thing that concerns me is that the patient is almost self diagnosing the problem. In the long run, I don't think that can be very good.
Richard

Scott R on 5/29/01 at 16:42 (049251)

Richard, did the link never work? It works from my end OK.

Julie on 5/30/01 at 01:59 (049307)

Hi Richard

The link works for me. It's a weight-bearing system where you warm the basic insert and stand on it so it moulds to the foot. Here's the description - it should give you some idea even without the visual.

'This is a one-of-a-kind product that can't be found or purchased anywhere else. It's an insert whose arch support can be adjusted and re-adjusted until a perfect fit is achieved. Place it in the oven for 2 to 3 minutes and then stand on it until it has cooled. The thermo-plastic is moldable when it is warm. As it cools, it gets firm and remembers the mold. If an error is made while making the mold, or if you decide you want more or less arch support, it can be placed in the oven again and again to be re-shaped. A special foam mold and easy-to-follow instructions are included to help get the perfect fit. '

I should think a flat arch would flatten the thermoplastic out completely...

Maybe your service provider can check out why you're not getting through to the site and fix any gremlins?

Julie

Richard, C.Ped on 5/30/01 at 07:50 (049320)

Never did. I did just get back from a short vacation, so it very well may be that my brain is not working just yet. It is still down enjoying Charleston and soaking up rays at Folley Beach.
Richard

Richard, C.Ped on 5/30/01 at 07:55 (049322)

Oops, spoke to soon. It just worked for me. It is just a direct mold system. I am concerned because there is no posting underneath to hold up the arch. I guess it is ok for $60, but you guys know how I feel about that stuff.
Richard, C.Ped

Richard, C.Ped on 5/29/01 at 13:46 (049241)

I could not get the link to work. I wanted to find out more about it before I responded. I think I will anyway. The only thing that concerns me is that the patient is almost self diagnosing the problem. In the long run, I don't think that can be very good.
Richard

Scott R on 5/29/01 at 16:42 (049251)

Richard, did the link never work? It works from my end OK.

Julie on 5/30/01 at 01:59 (049307)

Hi Richard

The link works for me. It's a weight-bearing system where you warm the basic insert and stand on it so it moulds to the foot. Here's the description - it should give you some idea even without the visual.

'This is a one-of-a-kind product that can't be found or purchased anywhere else. It's an insert whose arch support can be adjusted and re-adjusted until a perfect fit is achieved. Place it in the oven for 2 to 3 minutes and then stand on it until it has cooled. The thermo-plastic is moldable when it is warm. As it cools, it gets firm and remembers the mold. If an error is made while making the mold, or if you decide you want more or less arch support, it can be placed in the oven again and again to be re-shaped. A special foam mold and easy-to-follow instructions are included to help get the perfect fit. '

I should think a flat arch would flatten the thermoplastic out completely...

Maybe your service provider can check out why you're not getting through to the site and fix any gremlins?

Julie

Richard, C.Ped on 5/30/01 at 07:50 (049320)

Never did. I did just get back from a short vacation, so it very well may be that my brain is not working just yet. It is still down enjoying Charleston and soaking up rays at Folley Beach.
Richard

Richard, C.Ped on 5/30/01 at 07:55 (049322)

Oops, spoke to soon. It just worked for me. It is just a direct mold system. I am concerned because there is no posting underneath to hold up the arch. I guess it is ok for $60, but you guys know how I feel about that stuff.
Richard, C.Ped