Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Cast comes off tomorrow..nervous

Posted by linda h on 5/28/01 at 15:17 (049133)

Well, I finally made it! My cast comes off tomorrow. ( 6 weeks post op) The Dr. put it on 2 weeks ago because the cam boot wasn't holding my foot at a 90 degree angle well enough. I am looking forward to having the cast off but nervous about the rehab. I think I am heading for some real pain now from what I am reading. Any suggestions on starting to put weight on my foot?? ? I posted something a while ago and never got a response. Just wondering is anyone had some hints for me.
Thanks, linda h

Re: Cast comes off tomorrow..nervous

MARY S. on 5/28/01 at 21:31 (049167)

LINDA--HOW WONDERFUL THAT YOU HAVE MADE IT 6 WKS. POST OP!!! I CAN'T GIVE MUCH ADVICE BECAUSE I JUST HAD SURGERY 3 DAYS AGO. I'M SURE THAT THE REHAB THERAPIST WILL BE ABLE TO TELL YOU EXACTLY WHAT TO DO AND HOW MUCH. JUST DON'T OVER DO. YOU SURELY DON'T WANT TO DAMAGE ANYTHING. I KNOW REHAB WILL BE PAINFUL AND I AM PREPARING MYSELF FOR THAT. FROM WHAT EVERYONE SAYS, PAIN WITH REHAB IS TO BE EXPECTED TO A DEGREE. GOOD LUCK AND I'LL BE HOPING FOR THE BEST FOR YOU.

Re: Cast comes off tomorrow..nervous

MARY S. on 5/28/01 at 21:31 (049167)

LINDA--HOW WONDERFUL THAT YOU HAVE MADE IT 6 WKS. POST OP!!! I CAN'T GIVE MUCH ADVICE BECAUSE I JUST HAD SURGERY 3 DAYS AGO. I'M SURE THAT THE REHAB THERAPIST WILL BE ABLE TO TELL YOU EXACTLY WHAT TO DO AND HOW MUCH. JUST DON'T OVER DO. YOU SURELY DON'T WANT TO DAMAGE ANYTHING. I KNOW REHAB WILL BE PAINFUL AND I AM PREPARING MYSELF FOR THAT. FROM WHAT EVERYONE SAYS, PAIN WITH REHAB IS TO BE EXPECTED TO A DEGREE. GOOD LUCK AND I'LL BE HOPING FOR THE BEST FOR YOU.