Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

New Product - strengthening device

Posted by Scott R on 5/28/01 at 20:00 (049155)

Would anyone pay $40 or $50 for the following?

If the picture doesn't work, here's the link:
http://heelspurs.com/a/ax/ax.jpg

Re: New Product - strengthening device

Cynthia D on 5/28/01 at 20:24 (049159)

As I stated today, I'll go anywhere, do anything to get over pf, but doesn't this simulate the 'scrunching a towel with the toes? I thought this wasn't supposed to be good for pf. What does it do?

Julie on 5/29/01 at 03:06 (049186)

This looks as though it would be an effective strengthener, and strengthening is vital.

By the look of it, I would say that it works similarly to using the Birkenstock toe grips as they're meant to be used: to draw the toes back and work the foot musculature while walking. (This uses and strengthens the muscles of the feet in the same way as the marble-picking-up or towel-grabbing exercise.)

You can also strengthen in the same way without a towel or marbles, by drawing the toes back along the floor and raising the arch and instep, not just the metatarsal head .

But everyone wants new devices, and this one looks good. I think people would buy it. It should be accompanied by a good description of what it does and how.

Cynthia D on 5/28/01 at 20:24 (049159)

As I stated today, I'll go anywhere, do anything to get over pf, but doesn't this simulate the 'scrunching a towel with the toes? I thought this wasn't supposed to be good for pf. What does it do?

Julie on 5/29/01 at 03:06 (049186)

This looks as though it would be an effective strengthener, and strengthening is vital.

By the look of it, I would say that it works similarly to using the Birkenstock toe grips as they're meant to be used: to draw the toes back and work the foot musculature while walking. (This uses and strengthens the muscles of the feet in the same way as the marble-picking-up or towel-grabbing exercise.)

You can also strengthen in the same way without a towel or marbles, by drawing the toes back along the floor and raising the arch and instep, not just the metatarsal head .

But everyone wants new devices, and this one looks good. I think people would buy it. It should be accompanied by a good description of what it does and how.