Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Foot Pain

Posted by Diane M on 5/29/01 at hrmin (049264)

I recently took my daughter to see her Pediatrician. She has been having pain in her heals for sometime, now. He told me that it was being caused by the growth plate in her heal. The other night when I was sitting and she happened to be in front of me, I noticed that she had white lumps coming out of her heals, all over the place. What could these be?

Re: Foot Pain

Dr. Biehler on 5/31/01 at 07:47 (049445)

Ther open growth plate on a young child causing pain do to a growth spurt is called Sever's Disease. Your doctor probably talked to you about limiting her exercising untill the muscles and tendons catch up to the bone growth in the leg. White lumps comming out of her heels? Is the white comming through the skin or are there lumps under the skin ? It is hard to tell from your discription. It may just be little pockets of the fat pad herniating out to the sides of the heel ( is that where they are located ? ) Dr. B.

Re: Foot Pain

Dr. Biehler on 5/31/01 at 07:47 (049445)

Ther open growth plate on a young child causing pain do to a growth spurt is called Sever's Disease. Your doctor probably talked to you about limiting her exercising untill the muscles and tendons catch up to the bone growth in the leg. White lumps comming out of her heels? Is the white comming through the skin or are there lumps under the skin ? It is hard to tell from your discription. It may just be little pockets of the fat pad herniating out to the sides of the heel ( is that where they are located ? ) Dr. B.