Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

I'm see an orthopedic surgeon tomorrow...any suggestions or thoughts on what to ask?

Posted by Cynthia D on 5/29/01 at 20:45 (049283)

This seems silly, but I have so many questions, I can't seem to remember all I need to ask, so I thought I'd ask my pf friends for some help.

I am seeing the orthopedic surgeon at Mass. General tomorrow at 1:00 who perfomed a ESWT study last year. My point in seeing him was to have him evaluate if I would benefit from a second treatment, or if I should have surgery, or what. Meanwhile, I had a bone scan done that showed my spine was curved. So I thought he should do a total evaluation from the waist down. I'm afraid to walk out of there and think of more questions that I had wanted to ask. Any thoughts? Thanks a bunch.

Re: I'm see an orthopedic surgeon tomorrow...any suggestions or thoughts on what to ask?

Julie on 5/30/01 at 02:57 (049311)

Hi Cynthia

The evaluation ought to be from the neck down, not the waist, to establish any link between what's going on with your spine, and your PF!

Write all your questions down, and have them in front of you. Have you got someone going with you? Someone you can go over your questions with before hand? It helps to have someone there who can prompt you if you forget to ask something, and, just as important, write down the answers.

Best of luck this afternoon. I hope you get some helpful counsel.

Julie

Re: I'm see an orthopedic surgeon tomorrow...any suggestions or thoughts on what to ask?

Cynthia D on 5/31/01 at 22:02 (049517)

Thanks, Julie. Unfortunately, I went alone but it was ok. Since I had to sit and wait for almost an hour, I had plenty of time to quiet my mind and focus on what I was hoping to gain from the appointment. By the time they called me in, I had a full page of notes and questions to go over with him. Thanks.

Julie on 5/30/01 at 02:57 (049311)

Hi Cynthia

The evaluation ought to be from the neck down, not the waist, to establish any link between what's going on with your spine, and your PF!

Write all your questions down, and have them in front of you. Have you got someone going with you? Someone you can go over your questions with before hand? It helps to have someone there who can prompt you if you forget to ask something, and, just as important, write down the answers.

Best of luck this afternoon. I hope you get some helpful counsel.

Julie

Cynthia D on 5/31/01 at 22:02 (049517)

Thanks, Julie. Unfortunately, I went alone but it was ok. Since I had to sit and wait for almost an hour, I had plenty of time to quiet my mind and focus on what I was hoping to gain from the appointment. By the time they called me in, I had a full page of notes and questions to go over with him. Thanks.