Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Noats Are Terrific! An Update From Mom of Six

Posted by Patty S on 5/30/01 at hrmin (049344)

Hi All!

I'm the mom of six who posted awhile back asking advice for what shoe might work for my PF of a years duration. Wanted to share my 'saga'
and tell you all what I think has finally worked for me.

I have spent (conservatively) close to $1,000 on shoes and sneakers,
including: Birks (too hard, but did allow me to rest the fascia); Merrrills (OK, but too soft..after a time, my heel ached terribly); New
Balance (not enough support, as I have fallen arches. In desperation, as
we are making a major move in a month (with children!) I wandered into a
shoe store with a pedorthics. The entire staff was wonderful! One of the
woman in the shop told me she has PF and swears by Noats shoes and sandals.
Being skeptical at this point, but ever ready to try something (ANYTHING!)
to help, I purchased a pair of wedge sandals. I was shocked!!! The difference is amazing. The woman stated to me that she sells tons of these shoes to PF suffers. Apparently (and don't quote me on this), they
redistribute the weight forward, as well as provide excellent arch support
(for me....remember I am flat footed, and any arch support that is too high
HURTS!). By throwing the weight forward, it takes the pressure off the heel...at least it is doing it for me!! Additionally, I need a secure heel strap on my sandals, which secures my heel, and prevents me from shifting.

So far, I have been gradually adding a little bit of walking to my day to
test it. So far, so good. Also, I have tried MSM creme for the past two
weeks, in conjunction with my new Noats, and that is helping too. I am not
saying I'm cured, just RELIEVED and can finally do more than I could do previously. With kids, its hard to be a couch potato, which I have been forced to become.

Thanks for this site. I am a faithful lurker and really have learned much from you all.

Patty

Re: Noats Are Terrific! An Update From Mom of Six

Richard, C.Ped on 5/30/01 at 11:08 (049347)

Glad to hear about the success. My wife asked me just the other day about those shoes. It is good to hear how much you like them. Good luck with the kids. I am expecting my first in July.

Richard, C.Ped

davidba on 5/30/01 at 16:59 (049380)

I've been using the Naot Lappland sandalas my around-the-house sandal for more than a year. I never could find a pair of birks that felt right. Most importantly, the sandal comes with velcro straps and I have a very wide foot. Finally, the Lappland footbed is replaceable from Naot for about $30.

CatherineL on 6/01/01 at 09:15 (049558)

Purchased a pair of Naot's in April.

I bought a pair that had a removeable insole so I could wear my orthotics with them, but so far the Naot footbed has been fine. Not quite as good as my shoes and orthotics combo, but still, for sandles, they've been great for my feet.

CL

Re: Noats Are Terrific! An Update From Mom of Six/ Where to purchase??

Vicki C. on 6/04/01 at hrmin (049818)

Am very interested in checking these ' Noats' out. Please let me know where they can be purchased . Thanks so much.... Love, Vicki C.

Patty S. on 6/04/01 at hrmin (049890)

I know they have a website, and can't recall the address. I just typed
in 'noats' and it came up on my search engine. Also, I purchased mine
at at little store near Woodstock, New York. Please e-mail me and I will be happy to provide you with the phone number. I don't represent this store in any way. In fact, I literally 'stumbled' upon it while antiquing in that area.

On another note, I wore these sandals all over this weekend, in places I would never dare venture (nor ever could, without having terrible pain).
Other than a little soreness in the evening, I was fine! It's amazing!
Pat

Richard, C.Ped on 5/30/01 at 11:08 (049347)

Glad to hear about the success. My wife asked me just the other day about those shoes. It is good to hear how much you like them. Good luck with the kids. I am expecting my first in July.

Richard, C.Ped

davidba on 5/30/01 at 16:59 (049380)

I've been using the Naot Lappland sandalas my around-the-house sandal for more than a year. I never could find a pair of birks that felt right. Most importantly, the sandal comes with velcro straps and I have a very wide foot. Finally, the Lappland footbed is replaceable from Naot for about $30.

CatherineL on 6/01/01 at 09:15 (049558)

Purchased a pair of Naot's in April.

I bought a pair that had a removeable insole so I could wear my orthotics with them, but so far the Naot footbed has been fine. Not quite as good as my shoes and orthotics combo, but still, for sandles, they've been great for my feet.

CL

Vicki C. on 6/04/01 at hrmin (049818)

Am very interested in checking these ' Noats' out. Please let me know where they can be purchased . Thanks so much.... Love, Vicki C.

Patty S. on 6/04/01 at hrmin (049890)

I know they have a website, and can't recall the address. I just typed
in 'noats' and it came up on my search engine. Also, I purchased mine
at at little store near Woodstock, New York. Please e-mail me and I will be happy to provide you with the phone number. I don't represent this store in any way. In fact, I literally 'stumbled' upon it while antiquing in that area.

On another note, I wore these sandals all over this weekend, in places I would never dare venture (nor ever could, without having terrible pain).
Other than a little soreness in the evening, I was fine! It's amazing!
Pat