Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Talus Bone Fracture

Posted by Denise on 5/30/01 at hrmin (049345)

HELP!

My husband fell off a ladder on Feb 11 and it is now May 30 and he still has severe pain and some troubles walking. He is in PT 2 times a week for 4 weeks now. The physical therapist thinks that the docs missed another broken bone somewhere in his foot, becuase they say he shouldn't have all the pain he is having?!?!?!?

Has anyone been thru this? I feel so bad for him. HELP! Please email me, I am not sure if I can find my way back to these boards.

Thanks again!
Denise

Re: I just e-mailed Denise and I told her how to get back to the site ..EOM

Laurie R on 5/30/01 at 12:35 (049355)

EOM...

bg cped on 5/30/01 at 16:11 (049375)

Where does he get the pain? Strong pain deep in the ankle can be a fracture of Talus that does get missed easy. I would get a 2nd opinion soon, what city are you near?

Denise on 5/31/01 at hrmin (049448)

Maybe I forgot to mention, he did fracture his Talus bone. At his follow up yesterday, doc took more xrays and said it is healing fine. He said the pain is normal and that he should continue PT as well as do stuff at home to improve the foot/ankle. He should also take anti-imflammatories (which he hates to take pills) but doc said it would help.

That's the update!

Thanks everyone!

Laurie R on 5/30/01 at 12:35 (049355)

EOM...

bg cped on 5/30/01 at 16:11 (049375)

Where does he get the pain? Strong pain deep in the ankle can be a fracture of Talus that does get missed easy. I would get a 2nd opinion soon, what city are you near?

Denise on 5/31/01 at hrmin (049448)

Maybe I forgot to mention, he did fracture his Talus bone. At his follow up yesterday, doc took more xrays and said it is healing fine. He said the pain is normal and that he should continue PT as well as do stuff at home to improve the foot/ankle. He should also take anti-imflammatories (which he hates to take pills) but doc said it would help.

That's the update!

Thanks everyone!