Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Back from the doc -- still waiting...

Posted by Valerie S on 5/30/01 at 14:49 (049368)

Hi.
I saw my pod today. Not because he wanted to see me...

We are waiting to hear if ESWT will be approved.

He said I can ride the bike as much as I want... although he said to push with the front of my foot and to avoid pushing with my heels and overextending.

He told me to keep using the night splint. He said that he still thinks I only have PF and no tendon problems.

He is supporting me in my decision to not go back to work yet. He said that he has never kept anyone off work this long for PF, but he has also told me that this has been one of the worst cases of PF he has treated.

So now I wait some more. At least he's not pushing me to go back to work, and that's all I need for now.

Thanks for your support. One thing I have learned from this whole experience is to have patience.

Take it easy everyone... Val.

Re: Back from the doc -- still waiting...

Tammie on 5/30/01 at 15:15 (049372)

Val,
Sounds pretty good seems the day for Dr. visits! I hope that you get some word on that ESWT that would make me so happy that you would have some relief! I am glad to hear about you being able to ride the bike as it gives you such joy and would be sad to take that away to. I to talked with my pod today He will not release me to go back to work yet says one more month I see him june 29 then he says we will see about returning to work said no way and was a bit upset that I have been volunteering for so long of a time said NO NO NO I may go and sit and talk but no to on my feet more then 1 hour . He or his nurse put it into very plain terms!!! So looks like I am going to be around whining still! I feel kinda down but I do really know that my foot was not ready. I am sad.Well I must get dinner now Bye for now

Re: Back from the doc -- still waiting...RE Tammy and Val

Laurie r on 5/30/01 at 17:53 (049385)

Hi Val and Tammy,
Well ladies you sure had a big day. Frist Tammy, I think it is very wise of your doctor to keep you off work for another month. I know you had yur heart set on going back ,because you miss your patients.But you need to fully recover from your surgery ..... Look at it this way ,you get to spend time with your kids and your husband . Work will always be there. Plus you have all of us.... Don't be sad , ok you can be sad ,But just remember we are so here for you....

Val, I am really happy to hear that your doctor had no problem giving you more time off. Can you get state disability ?? If your doctor has you off then you qualify. I have a lot of respect for your doctor to tell you and to be so honest about you being the most difficult case of PF he has ever seen. To me that statement shows he want's to help you .... He is probably going to learn a lot from you ... Then maybe one day it will help someone else that he is treating with PF.... I always think their is two ways to look at everything.

As for me , I'm still waiting to hear from my Pod. I think it is better I have not spoke to him yet. For one I'm mad and very frustrated and If I was to talk to him right now I would say something I would regret ...

Like Tammy says tomorrow is another day. My pain is not as bad as last night ,so I'm doing better......

Thanks for posting your doctor's visits ...My very best to both of you.

Laurie R

DeniseA on 5/30/01 at 20:47 (049409)

Happy for you Val,

Denise

Re: Still waiting -- To Laurie

Valerie S on 5/30/01 at 23:08 (049422)

Hi Laurie.

I must tell you that I made this appointment because I got sick of waiting for my doc to call me... hee hee. Seriously. He told me that he was looking at the schedule for the day, saw my name, and thought 'I don't have anything to tell her yet...' But at least I got to see him and get my questions answered. I hope this doesn't sound lame... I pay him, right? I like going in to see him dance. :)

I am really very frustrated with the outcome, but knew I would be, so I am trying to remain positive... just tell myself that as long as he OK's my leave, then I will be alright. I just still feel like I am sitting around waiting for this to go away. I am using a cane to get around the house now.

Take it easy. Your pod will come through for you soon. He just wants to have some answers for you before he talks to you...

The sun will come out tomorrow... tomorrow...

Your friend, Val.

Tammie on 5/30/01 at 15:15 (049372)

Val,
Sounds pretty good seems the day for Dr. visits! I hope that you get some word on that ESWT that would make me so happy that you would have some relief! I am glad to hear about you being able to ride the bike as it gives you such joy and would be sad to take that away to. I to talked with my pod today He will not release me to go back to work yet says one more month I see him june 29 then he says we will see about returning to work said no way and was a bit upset that I have been volunteering for so long of a time said NO NO NO I may go and sit and talk but no to on my feet more then 1 hour . He or his nurse put it into very plain terms!!! So looks like I am going to be around whining still! I feel kinda down but I do really know that my foot was not ready. I am sad.Well I must get dinner now Bye for now

Re: Back from the doc -- still waiting...RE Tammy and Val

Laurie r on 5/30/01 at 17:53 (049385)

Hi Val and Tammy,
Well ladies you sure had a big day. Frist Tammy, I think it is very wise of your doctor to keep you off work for another month. I know you had yur heart set on going back ,because you miss your patients.But you need to fully recover from your surgery ..... Look at it this way ,you get to spend time with your kids and your husband . Work will always be there. Plus you have all of us.... Don't be sad , ok you can be sad ,But just remember we are so here for you....

Val, I am really happy to hear that your doctor had no problem giving you more time off. Can you get state disability ?? If your doctor has you off then you qualify. I have a lot of respect for your doctor to tell you and to be so honest about you being the most difficult case of PF he has ever seen. To me that statement shows he want's to help you .... He is probably going to learn a lot from you ... Then maybe one day it will help someone else that he is treating with PF.... I always think their is two ways to look at everything.

As for me , I'm still waiting to hear from my Pod. I think it is better I have not spoke to him yet. For one I'm mad and very frustrated and If I was to talk to him right now I would say something I would regret ...

Like Tammy says tomorrow is another day. My pain is not as bad as last night ,so I'm doing better......

Thanks for posting your doctor's visits ...My very best to both of you.

Laurie R

DeniseA on 5/30/01 at 20:47 (049409)

Happy for you Val,

Denise

Re: Still waiting -- To Laurie

Valerie S on 5/30/01 at 23:08 (049422)

Hi Laurie.

I must tell you that I made this appointment because I got sick of waiting for my doc to call me... hee hee. Seriously. He told me that he was looking at the schedule for the day, saw my name, and thought 'I don't have anything to tell her yet...' But at least I got to see him and get my questions answered. I hope this doesn't sound lame... I pay him, right? I like going in to see him dance. :)

I am really very frustrated with the outcome, but knew I would be, so I am trying to remain positive... just tell myself that as long as he OK's my leave, then I will be alright. I just still feel like I am sitting around waiting for this to go away. I am using a cane to get around the house now.

Take it easy. Your pod will come through for you soon. He just wants to have some answers for you before he talks to you...

The sun will come out tomorrow... tomorrow...

Your friend, Val.