Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

3 days post op 1

Posted by Rick on 5/30/01 at hrmin (049382)

Hi
Had first TTS release on Monday. Op went well I think. Incision about 3-4 inches. Brief procedure followed by little pain. Unfortunatley I dislodged the blood draining tube however. Spent 1 night and 2 days in hospital.
Returned home Tuesday evening on elbow crutches but, when moving around on Wednesday blood began to ooze from the bandage at a significant rate. More bandages put over the top and foot elevated. This seems important and it seems I got into 'action' too soon.
Have now moved to a wheelchair simply because there's less blood flow to the foot and a lesser inclination to bleed than when on crutches.
Am back to Dr this morning for review and, no doubt, a fresh bandage with advice to stay in bed with foot elevated.
Right now I want to make a cup of tea -- but I hadn't anticipated how difficult such ususally simple things would be.
Obviously I have no idea yet of the eventual outcome. I'm cetainly not complaining but a little surprised I hadn't anticipated the level of inconvenience.
Why, it could be another 2 weeks before this 55 year old resumes his football career!
Regards
Rick

Re: 3 days post op 1

Rick on 5/31/01 at 02:20 (049434)

Whoops!
The oozing blood turned out to be a haematona. Stitches had broken and had to be redone. Nevertheless there is little pain at this time and the major damage done has been because of the wheelchair chipping paint off of skirting boards and door frames.

Julie on 5/31/01 at 03:23 (049439)

Hi Rick

My best wishes for your complete recovery. It's good to see you've kept your sense of humour through surgery, hematoma and all.

Julie

Scott2 on 5/31/01 at 18:29 (049501)

Rick,

Keep those spirits up!!!

Personally, I have found the recovery far more challenging than the surgery though you seem to have had a few more experiences than I had.

I wish you the best in a speedy and healthy recovery.

- S

Rick on 5/31/01 at 02:20 (049434)

Whoops!
The oozing blood turned out to be a haematona. Stitches had broken and had to be redone. Nevertheless there is little pain at this time and the major damage done has been because of the wheelchair chipping paint off of skirting boards and door frames.

Julie on 5/31/01 at 03:23 (049439)

Hi Rick

My best wishes for your complete recovery. It's good to see you've kept your sense of humour through surgery, hematoma and all.

Julie

Scott2 on 5/31/01 at 18:29 (049501)

Rick,

Keep those spirits up!!!

Personally, I have found the recovery far more challenging than the surgery though you seem to have had a few more experiences than I had.

I wish you the best in a speedy and healthy recovery.

- S