Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

still having pain after EPF surgery

Posted by Regina Brown on 5/30/01 at hrmin (049421)

hello,
I have had EPF surgery 4 wks. ago.I am still having pain in that foot and as a matter of fact I am having pain in both feet.I had EPF in the left and the right one has started to hurt pretty much now too.I am wondering if it is comensery pain.Also,i have started doing pretty much walking now--have gotten off crutches and I am wondering really how much walking should i be doing! I have sometimes walked to the extent just a few times that both of my feet have hurt really bad.I have been fearful that I have been over doing it.I have another check up in two wks.to see how things are progressing.Another question is should i still continue to use an ice pack when feet start to hurt? Thank you!

Re: still having pain after EPF surgery

Dr. Zuckerman on 5/30/01 at 23:20 (049424)

Too much too soon. It can take months for the foot to get back to what you want it to do. Ice can help alot. Now don't let the other foot start up. It is telling you in a very painful way. Rest me rest me !!!!

Regina Brown on 6/04/01 at hrmin (049864)

Hello,
I am curious as to how I can keep from letting my other foot start up? I am trying to be careful with all my walking,etc.since the EPF surgery.I am going on 5 wks.now since my surgery was performed.I am having a little pain in my surgery foot when I try to stretch it also and am curious about some exercises.I have been told maybe some PT. Thanks! Regina

Dr. Zuckerman on 5/30/01 at 23:20 (049424)

Too much too soon. It can take months for the foot to get back to what you want it to do. Ice can help alot. Now don't let the other foot start up. It is telling you in a very painful way. Rest me rest me !!!!

Regina Brown on 6/04/01 at hrmin (049864)

Hello,
I am curious as to how I can keep from letting my other foot start up? I am trying to be careful with all my walking,etc.since the EPF surgery.I am going on 5 wks.now since my surgery was performed.I am having a little pain in my surgery foot when I try to stretch it also and am curious about some exercises.I have been told maybe some PT. Thanks! Regina