Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

14 Weeks Post-Op!!!!!!

Posted by Crystal M on 6/01/01 at hrmin (049549)

Well guys I haven't posted in a long time but I wanted to let everyone know how I was doing. I had PF Release in my left foot back in Feb. I am doing great. I have even been able to wear sandals occasionally. I guess after tennis shoes for so long that is a treat to wear sandals and be able to dress up again. But anyway. I still have my days I get up and I am alittle sore but it is mainly when I am off my foot for a long period of time. And it is stiff when I get back up. I massage my foot about twice a day and I can really tell a difference doing that. But I just wanted to give a positive update because I know in the beginning that is what I was looking for to encourage me that I was doing the right thing. And I do not regret having the surgery one bit. I actually have a life so to speak now. Before the surgery my foot hurt so bad I didnt want to go out anywhere and know I can go even if it is to walk at the mall etc. It is just nice to be without pain. Well thanks guys for all of your support and positive attitudes. And I am sure everyone else feels the same.
Thanks again
Crystal

Re: 14 Weeks Post-Op!!!!!!

Susan U on 6/01/01 at 07:48 (049553)

Thanks for the update Crystal. I was wondering how you were doing. I still can't walk for great distances (I'm at 7 weeks), but I am optimistic. Thanks for filling us in.

MARY S. on 6/01/01 at 14:32 (049617)

CONGRATULATION!!! I GET SO EXCITED WHEN I HEAR A SUCCESS STORY!! I HAVE A DREAM OF SHOPPING WITHOUT PAIN--YOU LUCKY GIRL, COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS. ENJOY EVERY PAIN FREE MOMENT THAT YOU CAN AND STILL TAKE GOOD CARE OF YOUR FEET. I AM 1 WK. POST OP, SO I HAVE A WAY TO GO--WITH UPLIFTING STORIES LIKE THIS, I'LL MAKE IT. ENJOY! ENJOY EVERY STEP OF THE WAY!!

Re: Re:Thanks!!! And Good Luck!!!

Tammie on 6/08/01 at 17:00 (050294)

Crystal,
Thank you for the update as you are so very right ! Those of us who have had the surgery keep wondering and worrying if our choice was right or wrong! So is always good to hear positive!!! So many people here with pain is good to hear a success story!!!! Thanks again and take care and hope your recovery continues to be a sucess!!!!!! Thanks!

Susan U on 6/01/01 at 07:48 (049553)

Thanks for the update Crystal. I was wondering how you were doing. I still can't walk for great distances (I'm at 7 weeks), but I am optimistic. Thanks for filling us in.

MARY S. on 6/01/01 at 14:32 (049617)

CONGRATULATION!!! I GET SO EXCITED WHEN I HEAR A SUCCESS STORY!! I HAVE A DREAM OF SHOPPING WITHOUT PAIN--YOU LUCKY GIRL, COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS. ENJOY EVERY PAIN FREE MOMENT THAT YOU CAN AND STILL TAKE GOOD CARE OF YOUR FEET. I AM 1 WK. POST OP, SO I HAVE A WAY TO GO--WITH UPLIFTING STORIES LIKE THIS, I'LL MAKE IT. ENJOY! ENJOY EVERY STEP OF THE WAY!!

Re: Re:Thanks!!! And Good Luck!!!

Tammie on 6/08/01 at 17:00 (050294)

Crystal,
Thank you for the update as you are so very right ! Those of us who have had the surgery keep wondering and worrying if our choice was right or wrong! So is always good to hear positive!!! So many people here with pain is good to hear a success story!!!! Thanks again and take care and hope your recovery continues to be a sucess!!!!!! Thanks!