Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Pinched Nerve

Posted by Carol on 6/01/01 at 10:20 (049573)

I had heel spur surgery 4 weeks ago, I was wondering if any one has had a pinched nerve in the heel and ball of foot since their surgery? If so did any certain treatment help? I startet my pysical therepy on Monday. Thanks so Much, Carol

Re: Pinched Nerve

DR. Zuckerman on 6/01/01 at 10:55 (049585)

I have seen a pinched nerve or what is called a neuroma. This can be caused from compensation of placing additional weight in the front of the foot because you are trying to keep weight off the heel. The nerve type pain in the heel is usually from the surgery and even thou if feels like a nerve is usually bone bone or fascia pain.

Re: Pinched Nerve

DR. Zuckerman on 6/01/01 at 10:55 (049585)

I have seen a pinched nerve or what is called a neuroma. This can be caused from compensation of placing additional weight in the front of the foot because you are trying to keep weight off the heel. The nerve type pain in the heel is usually from the surgery and even thou if feels like a nerve is usually bone bone or fascia pain.