Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Chalated Cal-Mag-Boron supplement

Posted by john a on 6/01/01 at 10:53 (049584)

I think it might have been brianh who said he was essentially cured of PF in about a month by taking a calcium-magnesium-boron-vit D supplement. I decided to give it a try. It's only been a week, but it feels like it's burning a hole in my stomach! I was only taking 500 mg calcium, 250 mg magnesium, and 3 mg boron once a day with dinner (I know that's about a third of what might have cured brianh, but I wanted to start slow). I can't quite believe it's the cal-mag-boron supplement that is causing my stomach pain, but It's the only thing different in my diet in the past week. Does this seem odd to anyone else? Could it be the particular chelated form that's the problem?

Re: Chalated Cal-Mag-Boron supplement

Paula G. on 6/01/01 at 13:05 (049601)

Hi John. I have also been taking the medication for about 5 weeks now. I have not had the pain you describe. Sometimes I think it is helping, other times no.
I am taking 1000mg calcium with 500mg mag. and 3 mg boron. All chelated like you described. I wish I could be of more help. Are you staying away from carbonated beverages of any kind?? I know that makes things worse. I have a very hard time staying away from pop and sometimes I cheat...

Helene M on 6/01/01 at 13:37 (049607)

John a, From my own experience, I've learned that the brand or type of calcium can make a difference. I used to get terrible gas pains while taking a particular calcium supplement. I changed brands and I am now taking a chelated calcium/mag/boron supplement with no problem. It hasn't helped my feet, though.

Re: Chelated Cal-Mag-Boron supplement

john a on 6/01/01 at 13:57 (049609)

All I ever drink is milk, decaffeinated green tea and good ol' ice cold water. I also have stomach pain with celebrex and vioxx, so maybe I'm just odd.

john a on 6/01/01 at 14:03 (049611)

I haven't found a cal/mag/boron all-in-one, so I got a 500mg/250mg cal/mag and a separate 3 mg boron from puritans pride. The cal/mag is a 'big honking horse pill', so maybe it just ends up sitting on the wall of my digestive tract somewhere, which wouldn't be good. But it says it's supposed to dissolve completely in 60 minutes, and the pain I get is several hours later, so that hardly makes sense.

Paula G. on 6/01/01 at 18:28 (049631)

I hear you on the celebrex and vioxx!!!!!! I could not take either one.
Was this stuff helping you?

john a on 6/04/01 at 12:09 (049851)

Both celebrex and vioxx were great for the pain, vioxx a little better. but I had to stop taking them after a few days because of stomach pain, so the effects were short lived. cal-mag-boron had no effect since I stopped taking it after a few days too. It may be that it didn't cause my stomach pain after all because I still have pain now - I may in fact have an ulcer - seeing a doctor soon. Gee, I wonder where the ulcer may have come from? Perhaps 2+ years of foot-pain-induced stress may have played a role :-)

Re: To: Paula

Christy D on 6/05/01 at hrmin (050002)

Hi Paula, I am taking Vioxx. I take 50mg for couple of days then go to 25mg. It has helped with the inflammation with my arch pain, but everytime I go between from 50mg to the 25mg the arch pain creeps back. But you are not suppose to take the 50mg for more than a couple of days. The only problem with me is it accents my heel pain more. I hope my liver, kidneys survive all this stuff!!!! lol...good luck

Tim M. on 6/06/01 at 01:31 (050043)

Hello Paula, et. al.

Have started taking the Cal-Mag-Bor+D today. Will let everyone
know if it helps. Had only discovered that I have at least a
heelspur, possibly PF, only recently. Those first steps in the
morning are virtually impossible to put weight on, then after
a few minutes of limping it settles down. Cyclic for last 5 yrs.
or so.

My discovery that I have this is a self-diagnosis because I don't
have insurance and paying for a Dr. visit, let alone treatment,
would break me, and even if this doesn't help, it won't hurt. I
don't have a car & spend a lot of time walking so I'll try to be
optimistic.

Nice messege board ya have here. Take care, - Tim M.

Paula G. on 6/01/01 at 13:05 (049601)

Hi John. I have also been taking the medication for about 5 weeks now. I have not had the pain you describe. Sometimes I think it is helping, other times no.
I am taking 1000mg calcium with 500mg mag. and 3 mg boron. All chelated like you described. I wish I could be of more help. Are you staying away from carbonated beverages of any kind?? I know that makes things worse. I have a very hard time staying away from pop and sometimes I cheat...

Helene M on 6/01/01 at 13:37 (049607)

John a, From my own experience, I've learned that the brand or type of calcium can make a difference. I used to get terrible gas pains while taking a particular calcium supplement. I changed brands and I am now taking a chelated calcium/mag/boron supplement with no problem. It hasn't helped my feet, though.

john a on 6/01/01 at 13:57 (049609)

All I ever drink is milk, decaffeinated green tea and good ol' ice cold water. I also have stomach pain with celebrex and vioxx, so maybe I'm just odd.

john a on 6/01/01 at 14:03 (049611)

I haven't found a cal/mag/boron all-in-one, so I got a 500mg/250mg cal/mag and a separate 3 mg boron from puritans pride. The cal/mag is a 'big honking horse pill', so maybe it just ends up sitting on the wall of my digestive tract somewhere, which wouldn't be good. But it says it's supposed to dissolve completely in 60 minutes, and the pain I get is several hours later, so that hardly makes sense.

Paula G. on 6/01/01 at 18:28 (049631)

I hear you on the celebrex and vioxx!!!!!! I could not take either one.
Was this stuff helping you?

john a on 6/04/01 at 12:09 (049851)

Both celebrex and vioxx were great for the pain, vioxx a little better. but I had to stop taking them after a few days because of stomach pain, so the effects were short lived. cal-mag-boron had no effect since I stopped taking it after a few days too. It may be that it didn't cause my stomach pain after all because I still have pain now - I may in fact have an ulcer - seeing a doctor soon. Gee, I wonder where the ulcer may have come from? Perhaps 2+ years of foot-pain-induced stress may have played a role :-)

Re: To: Paula

Christy D on 6/05/01 at hrmin (050002)

Hi Paula, I am taking Vioxx. I take 50mg for couple of days then go to 25mg. It has helped with the inflammation with my arch pain, but everytime I go between from 50mg to the 25mg the arch pain creeps back. But you are not suppose to take the 50mg for more than a couple of days. The only problem with me is it accents my heel pain more. I hope my liver, kidneys survive all this stuff!!!! lol...good luck

Tim M. on 6/06/01 at 01:31 (050043)

Hello Paula, et. al.

Have started taking the Cal-Mag-Bor+D today. Will let everyone
know if it helps. Had only discovered that I have at least a
heelspur, possibly PF, only recently. Those first steps in the
morning are virtually impossible to put weight on, then after
a few minutes of limping it settles down. Cyclic for last 5 yrs.
or so.

My discovery that I have this is a self-diagnosis because I don't
have insurance and paying for a Dr. visit, let alone treatment,
would break me, and even if this doesn't help, it won't hurt. I
don't have a car & spend a lot of time walking so I'll try to be
optimistic.

Nice messege board ya have here. Take care, - Tim M.