Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Complementary PF treatment

Posted by Dr. Chris R on 6/02/01 at hrmin (049661)

I posted this elsewhere on this site to a correspondent who was having a few problems with PF. However, I think this page is more appropriate because more people will see it and therefore can be helped. So here it is.

For all the blurb written on plantar fasciitis, not to mention the myriad of treatment modalities, in my experience over 30 years as a doctor, nothing works. Nothing that is until I started using a complementary product called Jade 168 Balm about 5 years ago. Using twice daily application, I have had some extraordinary results in quite a large number of patients - even a prominent neurosurgeon who then wouldn't prescribe it for his own patients because it was 'natural'. Most of my patients have had complete cures, sometimes in a few days, after putting up with the problem for twelve years or more. Sometimes it takes a month, but it usually works quite quickly if you persist. Let me know if you want more information. It's pretty cheap for what it does.
The secret of Jade's success lies, I think, in that it appears to have fairly strong immunomodulatory (tissue normalising) properties, and this includes inflammation which PF is. Looked at in this way, one can approach the problem not necessarily as a physical one, but as an immunological one. That is why I think, (I don't really know), so many of my PF patients get better. Anyway, I hope I can help you.
Dr. Chris R.
Melbourne, Australia.

Re: Complementary PF treatment

bg cped on 6/02/01 at 06:48 (049663)

Excuse me if this sounds a little sceptical. I am glad the cream works for you and your patients, but to state that NOTHING else works is not a good thing to post on a forum such as this. In Australia have you tried orthotics, taping, proper footwear etc? Are you an Orthopedist or a Podiatrist? Also do you have Veg-o-mite still over there? We have a similar food over here it is called SPAM

BrianJ on 6/02/01 at 09:19 (049664)

Hello Doctor R --

Your Jade Balm sounds too good to be true --which is a warning sign for all of us on this board who have tried so hard to get better. Please give us more details about you and your treatment, including (1) the nature of your training and what degrees you hold, (2) names and contact information for people who can confirm the success of your treatment, (3) any academic literature or controlled tests you have done or are doing to demonstrate the efficacy of your treatment. If you are a true doctor (and I say that respectfully), you will want to share this wonderful new information with those of us who are in daily pain.

wendyn on 6/02/01 at 09:30 (049665)

I'm sure that if you are real a doctor with a legitimate great discovery like this, you are conducting clinical trials to help bring this to the attention of the medical community world wide.

Perhaps you can post some information on those studies and their current status.

Dr. Chris Reynolds on 6/02/01 at hrmin (049668)

I apologise if my message gave the wrong impression, but being a family physician for thirty years, when you see something that is obviously effective in ameliorating or curing what is traditionally a difficult problem, you have to sit up and take note, or so I would have thought. Unfortuanately, my colleagues have not seen fit to want to share my experiences and translate that into easing the suffering of individuals in chronic pain.
When you repeatedly see the symptomatic relief the Jade Balm provides for 'fibrositic' conditions (which is essentially what PF is) and you've been treating people with these conditions for a long time with only limited success (I haven't had to inject anyone's heel for five years now and I hated doing it, it is so painful), you know when you're on to something quite important.
My evidence is only anecdotal, but I have many of them. Only recently have I been able to raise the support both medically and financially to proceed with a double blind trial which we hope to get under way in about three months time. I expect the results to support my clinical observations.
I am more than happy to share any information I have about the product. After all, I wrote to this group in good faith because I know the Balm can help a lot of people. I fully expect scepticism and even a bit of abuse, but I'm an old hand in the medical game, so I'm pretty used to that. So anyone who is genuinely interested in getting more information, please email me and I will be happy to talk about it.
Finally, thank you for your feedback, I didn't expect a response so soon. It's 1 am here in Melbourne so time for some shuteye.
Good night.
Chris Reynolds. M.B.,B.S.

Scott R on 6/02/01 at 14:53 (049679)

It's OK to promote a product here as long as not too many posts are made (6 unsolicited advertisements per year has been my rule of thumb) and as long as the people who are promoting the product mention or at least make it obvious that they have financial ties to the products.

john h on 6/02/01 at 16:14 (049687)

i would suggest the doctor mail one complimentary bottle/tube of this product for one of our hardcore sufferers to try and they can mail scott thier results and he can decide if he wants to publish the results on the board or not/

send it to me because i am like mikee i will try anything. i tried the Austrilian Euculyptus oil and it did not work.

john h on 6/02/01 at 16:20 (049688)

the doctor/gentelman seems to write with some authority. if he truly has a product that can cure PF he will be the next Bill Gates.

Julie on 6/02/01 at 16:22 (049689)

Hello Dr Chris

Please do give us more information (on the board, so we can all have it) about Jade Balm, which you describe as a natural, complementary product What is it? What are its constituents?

I am assuming that you are not selling it.

I for one am not sceptical: I am glad to hear about anything that might be of genuine help. I think most people on this board are generally open to new ideas, but you have to understand that we've tried so many thing, some of which have helped and some of which haven't, that it's natural to be a bit suspicious of something presented as a kind of miracle cure.

Lots of good things come from Australia - Tea Tree oil, for instance - and Australians (even medical doctors) are generally less sceptical about complementary treatment than doctors in the States or in Britain (where I am).

For example: a good friend in Sydney recently had a quadruple bypass operation. His heart is fine, and his chest felt fine within a couple of weeks, but the bruising on his legs where the veins had been taken from were giving him considerable pain. After trying various treatments none of which helped, his GP suggested Arnica Cream, and the pain was almost entirely gone within two days.

So let's hear about Jade Balm, please.

john h on 6/02/01 at 18:26 (049695)

i found a balm at http://www.jadesprings.com or an oriental nature. do not know if this is what the doctor is talking about or not.

Donna M. on 6/02/01 at 22:45 (049718)

John H, what you found at jadesprings.com sounds pretty interesting!! I'm like you, I think just about anything is worth a shot!! :) Never know what just might work!!

Dr. Chris Reynolds on 6/03/01 at hrmin (049725)

John, no it's not. I've never heard of such a remedy and Jade 168 Balm is made from a variety of Australian natural oils and a specially formulated wheat extract.

john h on 6/03/01 at 09:01 (049737)

dr reynolds: please inform us of the cost of this product & where you can purchase it. there is not much people on this board have not tried including emu oil, australian euculycptus oil, herbs, liniments,accupuncture including one who went to japan (yoko),needles, and on and on. i for one am up to trying anthing. 'SHOW ME THE BALM'!

JudyS on 6/03/01 at 12:44 (049754)

eewwww......Vegemite.......:(

I took a team to Melbourne to play in a tournament a couple years ago...part of our welcoming package included Vegemite.....not one of us could cope with it! The darling Aussies kept telling us it was 'an acquired taste'!
Dr. Reynolds, what is your specialty?

ellen w on 6/04/01 at 09:25 (049827)

I second Julie's post. Dr. Chris's post reminds me of an experience I had many years ago, while hiking in the Peruvian Andes. I fell and pulled a knee ligament. My hotel sent me to the local bruja (witchdoctor/healer) for treatment. He basically did massage therapy using his own formulation of balm ... given the fact this was in Peru, I can guess what the major ingredient was... it worked and I was able to resume walking in a couple of days... I've often thought that if I had just been smart enough to get his formula, I'd be a millionaire today!

Richard, C.Ped on 6/04/01 at 10:09 (049833)

Do you compound the balm yourself? Either way, would it be possible to send a sample so we can try it out as well?
Richard, C.Ped

bg cped on 6/04/01 at 11:23 (049843)

You would more than likely be sharing space with Pablo Escobar

john h on 6/04/01 at 12:29 (049853)

a couple of years ago i leased a small space in a shopping center to a lady who opened a coffee/candy shop. it was only about 700 square feet. some months ago she was at a trade show in dallas and saw a bottle of 'Niagra'. she started selling it in her little coffee shop and now is importing 700-800 thousands bottles every couple of months. she is the sole distributor in the U.S. saw her on the Today show recently and i must guess she is very much a millionaire. she is in her early 40's i would guess and very nice. the little coffee shop is still cooking along. mabe you should start selling that in your office dr z?

Marty on 6/04/01 at hrmin (049859)

Ok whos's going to get the stuff and let us all know if it works ??? I'm broke.

-Marty

john a on 6/04/01 at 14:20 (049880)

I got the impression (wishful thinking?) that to participate in the trial costs nothing. Otherwise, why limit it to the first 20?

Dr. Chris Reynolds on 6/04/01 at hrmin (049910)

Apart from being brought up on Vegemite - a taste acquired in infancy, nothing really. I am a family physician and have been for 30 years.

Dr. Chris Reynolds on 6/04/01 at hrmin (049911)

Please have a look at my posting on heelspurs.com message board headed 'Is PF really a mechanical problem. I doubt it.'

Dr. Chris Reynolds on 6/04/01 at hrmin (049914)

Please read my posting 'Is PF really a mechanical problem? I doubt it.' on the heelspurs.com message board. I think it might lower the tone of your scepticism a little.

Dr. Chris Reynolds. on 6/04/01 at hrmin (049915)

Yes. If you would like to go in the trial, email me now because there are only a few of the 20 places left. You will get up to 2 tubes free of charge.

Dr. Chris Reynolds. on 6/04/01 at hrmin (049917)

email me with your name and address and you'll get a couple of tubes free if you are prepared to enter the trial. See heelspurs.com. You'd better be quick because there are only a few places left.

Dr. Chris Reynolds. on 6/04/01 at hrmin (049918)

This is just a pilot study and can be done quickly. If everyone wants feedback, then we'd best get on with it. Join if you like, but I'll need you name and mailing address.

Dr. Huey Lewi on 6/04/01 at 20:58 (049930)

Would any of those 'Australian natural oils' include oil of emu?

emma l on 6/04/01 at hrmin (049940)

I would be interested in your trial. How and when do I give my address? Thank-you

wendyn on 6/04/01 at 22:05 (049944)

Is that the real Dr Lewi or an imposter?

Don't get my hopes up if it's not real!

Julie on 6/05/01 at hrmin (049950)

Dear Dr Chris

I told you in my earlier post that I am not sceptical about Jade Balm. I am still not, and am still eager to hear more about it:. But I don't think you can blame some of the people here for their scepticism. For one thing, your first post really ought to have said, but did not say, that you are trying to market a product to us. For another, you've not acknowledged, let alone answered, my request for more information.

I would still like to know more about Jade Balm. If you can afford the cost of mailing two tubes of it to England, I will join your trial. Please e-mail me if you still have a place.

Julie on 6/05/01 at 02:20 (049951)

I've just found your explanation of the immunological properties of Jade Balm, on another thread (I'd read the whole of this one before posting). Thank you.

Dr. Chris Reynolds on 6/05/01 at hrmin (049969)

Why don't you join the trial for free? Send me your mailing address and we'll send you some Jade 168 Balm. All you have to do is fill in a brief questionnaire.

Dr. Chris Reynolds on 6/05/01 at hrmin (049970)

No.

Richard, C.Ped on 6/05/01 at 08:07 (049971)

I would like to read about the contraindications and adverse reactions to the balm if there is a record of the study.
Richard, C.Ped

Dr. Chris Reynolds on 6/05/01 at hrmin (049974)

Pardon my ignorance, but I am not aware of the meaning of C.Ped. Does this relate only to this website?
If you want to join the trial, please let me know your mailing address asap because we almost have the 20 participants we need. Product has already been sent out to some of them.

Dr. Chris Reynolds on 6/05/01 at hrmin (049975)

We're almost full, but send your mailing address by email and we'll send you some Jade 168 Balm. In return we ask you to complete the questionnaire.

Dr. Chris Reynolds on 6/05/01 at hrmin (049977)

I have experienced no contraindications or adverse reaction in five years, and I don't expect them to begin in this study.

bg cped on 6/02/01 at 06:48 (049663)

Excuse me if this sounds a little sceptical. I am glad the cream works for you and your patients, but to state that NOTHING else works is not a good thing to post on a forum such as this. In Australia have you tried orthotics, taping, proper footwear etc? Are you an Orthopedist or a Podiatrist? Also do you have Veg-o-mite still over there? We have a similar food over here it is called SPAM

BrianJ on 6/02/01 at 09:19 (049664)

Hello Doctor R --

Your Jade Balm sounds too good to be true --which is a warning sign for all of us on this board who have tried so hard to get better. Please give us more details about you and your treatment, including (1) the nature of your training and what degrees you hold, (2) names and contact information for people who can confirm the success of your treatment, (3) any academic literature or controlled tests you have done or are doing to demonstrate the efficacy of your treatment. If you are a true doctor (and I say that respectfully), you will want to share this wonderful new information with those of us who are in daily pain.

wendyn on 6/02/01 at 09:30 (049665)

I'm sure that if you are real a doctor with a legitimate great discovery like this, you are conducting clinical trials to help bring this to the attention of the medical community world wide.

Perhaps you can post some information on those studies and their current status.

Dr. Chris Reynolds on 6/02/01 at hrmin (049668)

I apologise if my message gave the wrong impression, but being a family physician for thirty years, when you see something that is obviously effective in ameliorating or curing what is traditionally a difficult problem, you have to sit up and take note, or so I would have thought. Unfortuanately, my colleagues have not seen fit to want to share my experiences and translate that into easing the suffering of individuals in chronic pain.
When you repeatedly see the symptomatic relief the Jade Balm provides for 'fibrositic' conditions (which is essentially what PF is) and you've been treating people with these conditions for a long time with only limited success (I haven't had to inject anyone's heel for five years now and I hated doing it, it is so painful), you know when you're on to something quite important.
My evidence is only anecdotal, but I have many of them. Only recently have I been able to raise the support both medically and financially to proceed with a double blind trial which we hope to get under way in about three months time. I expect the results to support my clinical observations.
I am more than happy to share any information I have about the product. After all, I wrote to this group in good faith because I know the Balm can help a lot of people. I fully expect scepticism and even a bit of abuse, but I'm an old hand in the medical game, so I'm pretty used to that. So anyone who is genuinely interested in getting more information, please email me and I will be happy to talk about it.
Finally, thank you for your feedback, I didn't expect a response so soon. It's 1 am here in Melbourne so time for some shuteye.
Good night.
Chris Reynolds. M.B.,B.S.

Scott R on 6/02/01 at 14:53 (049679)

It's OK to promote a product here as long as not too many posts are made (6 unsolicited advertisements per year has been my rule of thumb) and as long as the people who are promoting the product mention or at least make it obvious that they have financial ties to the products.

john h on 6/02/01 at 16:14 (049687)

i would suggest the doctor mail one complimentary bottle/tube of this product for one of our hardcore sufferers to try and they can mail scott thier results and he can decide if he wants to publish the results on the board or not/

send it to me because i am like mikee i will try anything. i tried the Austrilian Euculyptus oil and it did not work.

john h on 6/02/01 at 16:20 (049688)

the doctor/gentelman seems to write with some authority. if he truly has a product that can cure PF he will be the next Bill Gates.

Julie on 6/02/01 at 16:22 (049689)

Hello Dr Chris

Please do give us more information (on the board, so we can all have it) about Jade Balm, which you describe as a natural, complementary product What is it? What are its constituents?

I am assuming that you are not selling it.

I for one am not sceptical: I am glad to hear about anything that might be of genuine help. I think most people on this board are generally open to new ideas, but you have to understand that we've tried so many thing, some of which have helped and some of which haven't, that it's natural to be a bit suspicious of something presented as a kind of miracle cure.

Lots of good things come from Australia - Tea Tree oil, for instance - and Australians (even medical doctors) are generally less sceptical about complementary treatment than doctors in the States or in Britain (where I am).

For example: a good friend in Sydney recently had a quadruple bypass operation. His heart is fine, and his chest felt fine within a couple of weeks, but the bruising on his legs where the veins had been taken from were giving him considerable pain. After trying various treatments none of which helped, his GP suggested Arnica Cream, and the pain was almost entirely gone within two days.

So let's hear about Jade Balm, please.

john h on 6/02/01 at 18:26 (049695)

i found a balm at http://www.jadesprings.com or an oriental nature. do not know if this is what the doctor is talking about or not.

Donna M. on 6/02/01 at 22:45 (049718)

John H, what you found at jadesprings.com sounds pretty interesting!! I'm like you, I think just about anything is worth a shot!! :) Never know what just might work!!

Dr. Chris Reynolds on 6/03/01 at hrmin (049725)

John, no it's not. I've never heard of such a remedy and Jade 168 Balm is made from a variety of Australian natural oils and a specially formulated wheat extract.

john h on 6/03/01 at 09:01 (049737)

dr reynolds: please inform us of the cost of this product & where you can purchase it. there is not much people on this board have not tried including emu oil, australian euculycptus oil, herbs, liniments,accupuncture including one who went to japan (yoko),needles, and on and on. i for one am up to trying anthing. 'SHOW ME THE BALM'!

JudyS on 6/03/01 at 12:44 (049754)

eewwww......Vegemite.......:(

I took a team to Melbourne to play in a tournament a couple years ago...part of our welcoming package included Vegemite.....not one of us could cope with it! The darling Aussies kept telling us it was 'an acquired taste'!
Dr. Reynolds, what is your specialty?

ellen w on 6/04/01 at 09:25 (049827)

I second Julie's post. Dr. Chris's post reminds me of an experience I had many years ago, while hiking in the Peruvian Andes. I fell and pulled a knee ligament. My hotel sent me to the local bruja (witchdoctor/healer) for treatment. He basically did massage therapy using his own formulation of balm ... given the fact this was in Peru, I can guess what the major ingredient was... it worked and I was able to resume walking in a couple of days... I've often thought that if I had just been smart enough to get his formula, I'd be a millionaire today!

Richard, C.Ped on 6/04/01 at 10:09 (049833)

Do you compound the balm yourself? Either way, would it be possible to send a sample so we can try it out as well?
Richard, C.Ped

bg cped on 6/04/01 at 11:23 (049843)

You would more than likely be sharing space with Pablo Escobar

john h on 6/04/01 at 12:29 (049853)

a couple of years ago i leased a small space in a shopping center to a lady who opened a coffee/candy shop. it was only about 700 square feet. some months ago she was at a trade show in dallas and saw a bottle of 'Niagra'. she started selling it in her little coffee shop and now is importing 700-800 thousands bottles every couple of months. she is the sole distributor in the U.S. saw her on the Today show recently and i must guess she is very much a millionaire. she is in her early 40's i would guess and very nice. the little coffee shop is still cooking along. mabe you should start selling that in your office dr z?

Marty on 6/04/01 at hrmin (049859)

Ok whos's going to get the stuff and let us all know if it works ??? I'm broke.

-Marty

john a on 6/04/01 at 14:20 (049880)

I got the impression (wishful thinking?) that to participate in the trial costs nothing. Otherwise, why limit it to the first 20?

Dr. Chris Reynolds on 6/04/01 at hrmin (049910)

Apart from being brought up on Vegemite - a taste acquired in infancy, nothing really. I am a family physician and have been for 30 years.

Dr. Chris Reynolds on 6/04/01 at hrmin (049911)

Please have a look at my posting on heelspurs.com message board headed 'Is PF really a mechanical problem. I doubt it.'

Dr. Chris Reynolds on 6/04/01 at hrmin (049914)

Please read my posting 'Is PF really a mechanical problem? I doubt it.' on the heelspurs.com message board. I think it might lower the tone of your scepticism a little.

Dr. Chris Reynolds. on 6/04/01 at hrmin (049915)

Yes. If you would like to go in the trial, email me now because there are only a few of the 20 places left. You will get up to 2 tubes free of charge.

Dr. Chris Reynolds. on 6/04/01 at hrmin (049917)

email me with your name and address and you'll get a couple of tubes free if you are prepared to enter the trial. See heelspurs.com. You'd better be quick because there are only a few places left.

Dr. Chris Reynolds. on 6/04/01 at hrmin (049918)

This is just a pilot study and can be done quickly. If everyone wants feedback, then we'd best get on with it. Join if you like, but I'll need you name and mailing address.

Dr. Huey Lewi on 6/04/01 at 20:58 (049930)

Would any of those 'Australian natural oils' include oil of emu?

emma l on 6/04/01 at hrmin (049940)

I would be interested in your trial. How and when do I give my address? Thank-you

wendyn on 6/04/01 at 22:05 (049944)

Is that the real Dr Lewi or an imposter?

Don't get my hopes up if it's not real!

Julie on 6/05/01 at hrmin (049950)

Dear Dr Chris

I told you in my earlier post that I am not sceptical about Jade Balm. I am still not, and am still eager to hear more about it:. But I don't think you can blame some of the people here for their scepticism. For one thing, your first post really ought to have said, but did not say, that you are trying to market a product to us. For another, you've not acknowledged, let alone answered, my request for more information.

I would still like to know more about Jade Balm. If you can afford the cost of mailing two tubes of it to England, I will join your trial. Please e-mail me if you still have a place.

Julie on 6/05/01 at 02:20 (049951)

I've just found your explanation of the immunological properties of Jade Balm, on another thread (I'd read the whole of this one before posting). Thank you.

Dr. Chris Reynolds on 6/05/01 at hrmin (049969)

Why don't you join the trial for free? Send me your mailing address and we'll send you some Jade 168 Balm. All you have to do is fill in a brief questionnaire.

Dr. Chris Reynolds on 6/05/01 at hrmin (049970)

No.

Richard, C.Ped on 6/05/01 at 08:07 (049971)

I would like to read about the contraindications and adverse reactions to the balm if there is a record of the study.
Richard, C.Ped

Dr. Chris Reynolds on 6/05/01 at hrmin (049974)

Pardon my ignorance, but I am not aware of the meaning of C.Ped. Does this relate only to this website?
If you want to join the trial, please let me know your mailing address asap because we almost have the 20 participants we need. Product has already been sent out to some of them.

Dr. Chris Reynolds on 6/05/01 at hrmin (049975)

We're almost full, but send your mailing address by email and we'll send you some Jade 168 Balm. In return we ask you to complete the questionnaire.

Dr. Chris Reynolds on 6/05/01 at hrmin (049977)

I have experienced no contraindications or adverse reaction in five years, and I don't expect them to begin in this study.