Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

heel itch

Posted by tom vallier on 6/02/01 at hrmin (049676)

i have layer of calloused skin on my heels, which i been caring for, this is not a problem at this time, my heels itch also every day, i do not wear shoes in the house. they itch at different times of the day, sometimes during the night it wakes me up. this has been a problem for years, i have been to many doctors, they have ordered about 30 differnt creams, nothing helps,they get so bad, my heels crack open and hurt very bad, at times having a hard time walking on them. i love to walk and walk an average of 1 mile a day. i am 47 years old, 200 lbs, 5 foot 9 inch tall. could you suggest a possible cause so i can pursue a cure for myself. thank you very much.

Re: heel itch

Dr. Biehler on 6/03/01 at 13:42 (049764)

If you are getting calluses on your heel and if it is not a skin problem, in which case thew calluses are all over the bottom of your feet, then inserts or a corrective orthotic to help distribute the force on your heel when your walking may help. Youe doctor should be able to evaluate you for this. Dr. B.

Re: heel itch

Dr. Biehler on 6/03/01 at 13:42 (049764)

If you are getting calluses on your heel and if it is not a skin problem, in which case thew calluses are all over the bottom of your feet, then inserts or a corrective orthotic to help distribute the force on your heel when your walking may help. Youe doctor should be able to evaluate you for this. Dr. B.