Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Doctors please help me!

Posted by Kenny C. on 6/05/01 at hrmin (050030)

I have been incapacitated with PF since Jan. 2000, have tried cortisone shots, strappings/ tapings and various orthotics. I am currently able to stand/walk for up to an hour max. using firm orthotics w/additional thick silicon ($40) heel cups. My morning pain is excruciating and often I have to crawl to the bathroom. naproxsyn seems to help a little, but I also have hep-c and must use them conservatively. I am very interested in ESWT but I am on Soc. Sec. Disability and medicare won't pay for the procedure.
I UNDERSTAND THAT THERE ARE CLINICAL TRIALS THAT MIGHT BE AVAILABLE FOR PF SUFFERERS SUCH AS MYSELF, I WOULD BE ETERNALLY GRATEFUL IF YOU COULD HELP ME IN ANY WAY POSSIBLE.........Kenny

Re: Doctors please help me!

Dr. Zuckerman on 6/06/01 at 11:43 (050071)

Hi

As per my e-mail to you. I may be accepting participation in the orthowave phase two ESWT trials. If this should come to be I will let you know .

BrianG on 6/08/01 at 19:10 (050299)

Kenny, did you get SSD for plantar fasciitas? I really need to communicate with someone who has gone through the process, and has won.

Thanks
BCG

Dr. Zuckerman on 6/06/01 at 11:43 (050071)

Hi

As per my e-mail to you. I may be accepting participation in the orthowave phase two ESWT trials. If this should come to be I will let you know .

BrianG on 6/08/01 at 19:10 (050299)

Kenny, did you get SSD for plantar fasciitas? I really need to communicate with someone who has gone through the process, and has won.

Thanks
BCG