Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

What's happening? -- to Cindy H. (and Scott?)

Posted by Nancy S. on 6/07/01 at 09:54 (050143)

Posts from the Success Stories board are no longer showing up for me when I reverse-read on the main index. In case they aren't showing up for anyone else either, I just want Cindy H. to know that I replied this morning to her post to me from yesterday. So Cindy, if you haven't seen it, please go to the Success board and you can read it there directly.
Nancy

Re: What's happening? Need pedorthodude's opinion

Sandy H. on 11/20/01 at 19:00 (065021)

I sound like a broken record on this site but the same thing has happened to me with orthotics to the extent that I can't wear them without killing my ankles and am making progress with just asics shoes and their insole (hate wearing other shoes still). At least I think I am making progress. I don't want to recommend that you follow me and try to wear asics shoes without orthotics cos you will kill me if it makes your condition worse. A question: Do you like MC Plus? I love GT2060 but was told they are better.

Richard, C.Ped on 11/21/01 at 07:27 (065036)

I would recommend going back to where you got the orthotics and have the pedorthist or doctor look at you stand with and without them, from all sides. It is hard to say what you actually need without looking at you. You may need a simple adjustment such as a wedge.
Richard

Beverly on 11/21/01 at 14:18 (065055)

Thanks Richard, I have an appointment with the doctor in about a week, and I certainly hope a simple adjustment will help this. I've not heard of a wedge but I'm guessing you mean something that would counterbalance me so I don't lean out. It is hard to get into see the orthodist rather than one of his assistants, but I will push to see him too.
I certainly was happy with how the orthodics he made helped the PTT.
One clue I have is that I have a red friction mark about the size of a dime on my outer ankle bone despite the fact that I have not changed shoes.
My massage therapists theory is that perhaps I am favoring the outside of my foot.

Suzanne, I can understand your frustration with your orthodics. I'm sticking with mine, because I credit them with helping me until this miserable setback. But this was the third set I tried. By the time I got these, I knew alot more about what to ask and also what had not worked for me in the past.

As far as the Ascics go, I picked the MC Plus because it had the widest toebox I could find (little toes spread out and need extra space). The fringe benefit is that they had good arch support and heel support. I like them.

The sad thing I have learned about shoes is that the very shoe I'll deem wonderful may be wonderful for a few months... even longer, and then start becoming a problem. For all I know, that is what is happening to me now. I hope not because a shoe quest ranks high up on most frustrating activities.

Thanks,
Beverly

Sandy H. on 11/22/01 at 21:41 (065095)

Good to hear you like MC Plus before I splash out on a pair. Good luck with the orthotics tweaks. Thanks.

Sandy H. on 11/20/01 at 19:00 (065021)

I sound like a broken record on this site but the same thing has happened to me with orthotics to the extent that I can't wear them without killing my ankles and am making progress with just asics shoes and their insole (hate wearing other shoes still). At least I think I am making progress. I don't want to recommend that you follow me and try to wear asics shoes without orthotics cos you will kill me if it makes your condition worse. A question: Do you like MC Plus? I love GT2060 but was told they are better.

Richard, C.Ped on 11/21/01 at 07:27 (065036)

I would recommend going back to where you got the orthotics and have the pedorthist or doctor look at you stand with and without them, from all sides. It is hard to say what you actually need without looking at you. You may need a simple adjustment such as a wedge.
Richard

Beverly on 11/21/01 at 14:18 (065055)

Thanks Richard, I have an appointment with the doctor in about a week, and I certainly hope a simple adjustment will help this. I've not heard of a wedge but I'm guessing you mean something that would counterbalance me so I don't lean out. It is hard to get into see the orthodist rather than one of his assistants, but I will push to see him too.
I certainly was happy with how the orthodics he made helped the PTT.
One clue I have is that I have a red friction mark about the size of a dime on my outer ankle bone despite the fact that I have not changed shoes.
My massage therapists theory is that perhaps I am favoring the outside of my foot.

Suzanne, I can understand your frustration with your orthodics. I'm sticking with mine, because I credit them with helping me until this miserable setback. But this was the third set I tried. By the time I got these, I knew alot more about what to ask and also what had not worked for me in the past.

As far as the Ascics go, I picked the MC Plus because it had the widest toebox I could find (little toes spread out and need extra space). The fringe benefit is that they had good arch support and heel support. I like them.

The sad thing I have learned about shoes is that the very shoe I'll deem wonderful may be wonderful for a few months... even longer, and then start becoming a problem. For all I know, that is what is happening to me now. I hope not because a shoe quest ranks high up on most frustrating activities.

Thanks,
Beverly

Sandy H. on 11/22/01 at 21:41 (065095)

Good to hear you like MC Plus before I splash out on a pair. Good luck with the orthotics tweaks. Thanks.