Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Anyone aware of renown surgeons for recalcitrant cases of TTS?

Posted by Matt L on 6/07/01 at 10:43 (050151)

Looking for new ideas.

Re: Anyone aware of renown surgeons for recalcitrant cases of TTS?

Richard Perez, DPM on 6/07/01 at hrmin (050167)

Matt,
I would suggest exploring any recent advances is Carpal Tunnel surgery. As you know, this is a far more common problem then TTS. As a result, there maybe more research on finding improved techniques for recurrent entrapments. If so, perhaps you can convince a hand surgeon to apply these new methods to your own TTS.
Richard Perez, DPM

Re: hand surgeon

GinaC on 6/07/01 at 16:35 (050174)

I hadn't really thought of this the way Dr. Perez explained it, but when I consulted a hand surgeon for carpal tunnel and mentioned the TT to him, he said he had done some nerve releases on feet as well...so that may be another option to explore. Best wishes. Gina

rick b on 6/10/01 at 07:05 (050381)

http://www.dellon.com/
wrote the book on nerve surgries

cindyp on 6/10/01 at hrmin (050387)

In my area I would say without a doubt that Dr. George Quill is pretty darn good. I went to surgery on Thursday 7 June and feel that I am going to be okay. Maybe a bit of a struggle ( I hate crutches) but I will be alright.

Richard Perez, DPM on 6/07/01 at hrmin (050167)

Matt,
I would suggest exploring any recent advances is Carpal Tunnel surgery. As you know, this is a far more common problem then TTS. As a result, there maybe more research on finding improved techniques for recurrent entrapments. If so, perhaps you can convince a hand surgeon to apply these new methods to your own TTS.
Richard Perez, DPM

Re: hand surgeon

GinaC on 6/07/01 at 16:35 (050174)

I hadn't really thought of this the way Dr. Perez explained it, but when I consulted a hand surgeon for carpal tunnel and mentioned the TT to him, he said he had done some nerve releases on feet as well...so that may be another option to explore. Best wishes. Gina

rick b on 6/10/01 at 07:05 (050381)

http://www.dellon.com/
wrote the book on nerve surgries

cindyp on 6/10/01 at hrmin (050387)

In my area I would say without a doubt that Dr. George Quill is pretty darn good. I went to surgery on Thursday 7 June and feel that I am going to be okay. Maybe a bit of a struggle ( I hate crutches) but I will be alright.