Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Heel Spur

Posted by Annie on 6/07/01 at hrmin (050170)

For about three months, I have been experiencing pain my left foot off and on. The last three weeks, the pain has increased. I am afraid to start a walking excerise rountine. Please help!

Re: Heel Spur

Julie on 6/08/01 at 02:57 (050232)

Hello Annie, and welcome to heelspurs.com. First let me explain that there are a number of message boards for different types of messages, and you should post your question on the 'Ask the Foot Doctors' board. This one is for items related to the website itself, and although the doctors and others will probably see it, it's more likely they will if you post on the one they contribute to.

I'm sorry you are experiencing pain in your foot. Please be more specific about where the pain is (heel? arch? ball of foot?) and what kind of pain it is. That will help the doctors to advise you.

I think you need to see a doctor who specializes in feet and ankles - a podiatrist, or orthopaedic doctor. Perhaps your family doctor can point you in the direction of a good one. Meanwhile, stay off your feet as much as possible until you have a proper diagnosis.Let the walking routine wait.

All the best, Julie

Re: Heel Spur

Julie on 6/08/01 at 02:57 (050232)

Hello Annie, and welcome to heelspurs.com. First let me explain that there are a number of message boards for different types of messages, and you should post your question on the 'Ask the Foot Doctors' board. This one is for items related to the website itself, and although the doctors and others will probably see it, it's more likely they will if you post on the one they contribute to.

I'm sorry you are experiencing pain in your foot. Please be more specific about where the pain is (heel? arch? ball of foot?) and what kind of pain it is. That will help the doctors to advise you.

I think you need to see a doctor who specializes in feet and ankles - a podiatrist, or orthopaedic doctor. Perhaps your family doctor can point you in the direction of a good one. Meanwhile, stay off your feet as much as possible until you have a proper diagnosis.Let the walking routine wait.

All the best, Julie