Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

7 weeks post op - doing great!

Posted by linda j on 6/08/01 at 08:28 (050250)

7 weeks now and have been very pleased with my progress. I started PT last week and my therapist is wonderful. I have been non weight bearing for 6 weeks but I am already able to walk around the house some on one crutch. I've been having to drive my sons automatic truck until yesterday and I can actually push the clutch in my car!! ( I was so excited. Only people on this board will understand that excitement!! ) The top 4 inches of my incision is completely closed. The bottom three inches are still healing (because of cutting through more tissue) so my PT said we had to go slow. I went to the mall last night and walked around on my crutches but was worn out and think I will have to take it easy today. In therapy they have been using a whirlpool and some of the flaky skin has come off and is tender. My cam boot rubbed on that last night at the mall and my foot is a little sore today. PT is actually fun. We're working on my calf and quad which has completely disappeared!! She uses several different types of foot boards for range of motion. Then I had to pick up marbles with my toes!! She said my range of motion was very good and we wouldn't have to do much with that. Just getting my calf and quad back! I mean there is nothing there!!! Anyway, wanted to let you all know I think of you often and appreciate so much this board! Sandy, thanks for the post what an encouragement. Martin, hope your wife is doing well. Got those bean bags yet?? Tammie you are ever faithful to this board and I appreciate so much your being here. God bless you all, linda

Re: 7 weeks post op - doing great!

Sherry BB on 6/08/01 at 10:06 (050260)

What type of surgery did you have? Where did you have a 7' scar?

Re: Re:The Key of patience as I read in someones post!!! Like that!!!!

Tammie on 6/08/01 at 12:36 (050275)

Hi Linda ,
Thank you for the kind words! Being home is very hard for me , I have the need to help people ,it is like another type of illness ,lol,but I enjoy it! Sometimes it is very hard for me to understand WHY things are not going fast enough! I need that KEY , the patience one lol,but then again that is what makes me a individual, we all are different and our bodies are also that makes us very unique!!!! But in the end we all have the foot pain so we can relate to the time frame the pain the unuasal or usual comments given to us and well most general things about out foot area. It is great to take from this site but it is also nice to give some back to and maybe just ease one persons fears or make them feel better with just a few words of support! Soetimes I want to reach out to people here but I feel not as knowledgable as some others and there words are much better then mine sometimes lol I get like foggy brain syndrom lol! But sometimes I do take a chance as so have U < It has been great watching and following each other and look foward to continuing!!! Good luck and keep the chin up with a smile if not on your face in your heart!!! Keep posting it helps us all! Hugs to u!

llinda h on 6/08/01 at 12:44 (050277)

Sherry, I had open PF and TT release. The scar runs downright behind my ankle. A little higher than my ankle down to my heel. The scar is taking longer to heal at the bottom because the Dr. had to go deep to get to my nerves. I had several nerves he had to release. I was having problems with my cam boot rubbing against the incision but this morning I cut a piece of foam and cut a hole where the boot was rubbing the incision. That stopped the problem and I'm up and going again. Hope you are doing well. God bless! linda

linda on 6/08/01 at 21:20 (050302)

Tammie, I know what you mean about taking care of people. I have a little 96 year old friend that I take food to and feed her birds on Wed. Sat. and Sundays. I haven't been able to go over for the last 6 weeks. My sons have been feeding her birds and buying her pizza which she loves but I feel so badly that I've have'nt been able to take care of her. My husband mows her yard so I went with him yesterday and visited with her and paid some bills for her. She said she'd been depressed and thought it all started when I quit coming over. NO GUILT HERE!!. Anyway, now that I can drive my car again I'll be going over more often. I have really missed her. She has seen so much in her life and has shared so many wonderful stories with me. She wanted to go to NY City to see her family and last year she took me with her. What a great time we had!! She has been the grandma I lost when I was in Jr High. Anyway, I guess I rambled there. Can you tell she is a treasure to me? Hang in there. This too shall pass. ljh

Sherry BB on 6/08/01 at 10:06 (050260)

What type of surgery did you have? Where did you have a 7' scar?

Tammie on 6/08/01 at 12:36 (050275)

Hi Linda ,
Thank you for the kind words! Being home is very hard for me , I have the need to help people ,it is like another type of illness ,lol,but I enjoy it! Sometimes it is very hard for me to understand WHY things are not going fast enough! I need that KEY , the patience one lol,but then again that is what makes me a individual, we all are different and our bodies are also that makes us very unique!!!! But in the end we all have the foot pain so we can relate to the time frame the pain the unuasal or usual comments given to us and well most general things about out foot area. It is great to take from this site but it is also nice to give some back to and maybe just ease one persons fears or make them feel better with just a few words of support! Soetimes I want to reach out to people here but I feel not as knowledgable as some others and there words are much better then mine sometimes lol I get like foggy brain syndrom lol! But sometimes I do take a chance as so have U < It has been great watching and following each other and look foward to continuing!!! Good luck and keep the chin up with a smile if not on your face in your heart!!! Keep posting it helps us all! Hugs to u!

llinda h on 6/08/01 at 12:44 (050277)

Sherry, I had open PF and TT release. The scar runs downright behind my ankle. A little higher than my ankle down to my heel. The scar is taking longer to heal at the bottom because the Dr. had to go deep to get to my nerves. I had several nerves he had to release. I was having problems with my cam boot rubbing against the incision but this morning I cut a piece of foam and cut a hole where the boot was rubbing the incision. That stopped the problem and I'm up and going again. Hope you are doing well. God bless! linda

linda on 6/08/01 at 21:20 (050302)

Tammie, I know what you mean about taking care of people. I have a little 96 year old friend that I take food to and feed her birds on Wed. Sat. and Sundays. I haven't been able to go over for the last 6 weeks. My sons have been feeding her birds and buying her pizza which she loves but I feel so badly that I've have'nt been able to take care of her. My husband mows her yard so I went with him yesterday and visited with her and paid some bills for her. She said she'd been depressed and thought it all started when I quit coming over. NO GUILT HERE!!. Anyway, now that I can drive my car again I'll be going over more often. I have really missed her. She has seen so much in her life and has shared so many wonderful stories with me. She wanted to go to NY City to see her family and last year she took me with her. What a great time we had!! She has been the grandma I lost when I was in Jr High. Anyway, I guess I rambled there. Can you tell she is a treasure to me? Hang in there. This too shall pass. ljh