Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

new orthotics after surgery?

Posted by Sherry BB on 6/08/01 at 10:21 (050264)

I had a set of orthotics before surgery and find that they are no longer fit very well. Has anyone had to have new inserts made after surgery?

Re: new orthotics after surgery?

Betsy on 6/21/01 at hrmin (051203)

I just went to my doctor last week. I had the surgery on March 20 and now have extreme pain on the ankle side of my foot(opposite the insicion). He thinks that the orthotics are the problem and told me not to wear them for 3 weeks. Then he'll decide if he wants to make new ones or go without. I don't want to spend the $$$$ on these again. I'll have to see what happens.

Re: new orthotics after surgery?

Betsy on 6/21/01 at hrmin (051203)

I just went to my doctor last week. I had the surgery on March 20 and now have extreme pain on the ankle side of my foot(opposite the insicion). He thinks that the orthotics are the problem and told me not to wear them for 3 weeks. Then he'll decide if he wants to make new ones or go without. I don't want to spend the $$$$ on these again. I'll have to see what happens.