Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Martin H. & Wife

Posted by Mary S. on 6/09/01 at 20:42 (050358)

Martin - - Just wondering if any of the suggestions planted any seeds that may be sprouting? I hope the two of you had great weather this weekend so that you could get out and have a nice adventure and maybe create some memories together. Our weather has been cloudy and rainy for days now--just as well, because I am not to the point with post-op that I can go out. You know, one can only read so much, write so much, and watch tv so much (it is sad how most air time has little of real interest). Tomorrow, I am going to take my own advice and work on a photo album. Then, I am going to review a grant for our arts program. Just like you, trying to keep the mind from visitnig Never, Never Land!
Keep us posted on the physical and mental progress.

Re: Martin H. & Wife

Martin H. on 6/14/01 at 22:26 (050732)

Dear Mary,
Thanks for the thoughts. Last week ,in upstate New York, it was beautiful,sunny,but cool,geese flying an arrow, a blue heron,and the garden,a perennial one,had gone luxuriantly wild and did not look too bad for not having been weeded (I talk a good game,but without the Real Gardener at it (and she could only crutch around and admire) I do not do so well.
We had chores to do to get ready for a granddaughter visit and then go to the one market which has an electric wheelchair,then negotiate a Turkish restaurant that has THREE BIG stairs,count em! to negotiate carefully on crutches.
THen home to water and weedkiller and back home early Sunday for a meeting that I had to get to. Leaving my wife to negotiate putting away the groceries on crutches what she could.

I guess what all that means is when you keep busy,no matter WHAT you do,it keeps the mind off that damn cast,the fear that the surgery won't take etc.
Next Tuesday is the Take off the cast day.THen we go into the final rehab act.Tfu-tfu-tfu.
So make sure there is an extra book,write some letters ,make some calls.Whatever.
Best,
Martin

Re: Martin H. & Wife

Martin H. on 6/14/01 at 22:26 (050732)

Dear Mary,
Thanks for the thoughts. Last week ,in upstate New York, it was beautiful,sunny,but cool,geese flying an arrow, a blue heron,and the garden,a perennial one,had gone luxuriantly wild and did not look too bad for not having been weeded (I talk a good game,but without the Real Gardener at it (and she could only crutch around and admire) I do not do so well.
We had chores to do to get ready for a granddaughter visit and then go to the one market which has an electric wheelchair,then negotiate a Turkish restaurant that has THREE BIG stairs,count em! to negotiate carefully on crutches.
THen home to water and weedkiller and back home early Sunday for a meeting that I had to get to. Leaving my wife to negotiate putting away the groceries on crutches what she could.

I guess what all that means is when you keep busy,no matter WHAT you do,it keeps the mind off that damn cast,the fear that the surgery won't take etc.
Next Tuesday is the Take off the cast day.THen we go into the final rehab act.Tfu-tfu-tfu.
So make sure there is an extra book,write some letters ,make some calls.Whatever.
Best,
Martin