Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

in pain

Posted by Vicky L on 6/10/01 at hrmin (050386)

I believe it's plantar fasciitis--alot of pain in may arches and showing red inflammation--that i got when I wore brand new Mephisto shoes 2 days for about 15 hours a day without doing the breakin process. I've worn others for years but they are very worn down and old. Mephistos are supposed to be very theraputic and I've gotten rid of a lifelong problem with corns on the ball of my foot with them. They have a very good high arch. Would they be good for me now, breaking them in gradually? If so, how gradual do you suppose? Thanks.
Vicky

Re: in pain

Dr. Zuckerman on 6/10/01 at 13:39 (050394)

Are you sure they fit you. The rule of thumb is that shoes don't need to be broken in. Orthosis do. Do they have an orthotic insert in them.

Vicky L on 6/15/01 at hrmin (050747)

Yes the new Mephistos are the same size as the other one I've worn for 2 years. Mephistoes and Berkenstocks both need to be broken in with their extra good arch support Mephistoes are supposed to be so good for you, they are almost like orthotic shoes.Thanks. Vicky

Dr. Zuckerman on 6/10/01 at 13:39 (050394)

Are you sure they fit you. The rule of thumb is that shoes don't need to be broken in. Orthosis do. Do they have an orthotic insert in them.

Vicky L on 6/15/01 at hrmin (050747)

Yes the new Mephistos are the same size as the other one I've worn for 2 years. Mephistoes and Berkenstocks both need to be broken in with their extra good arch support Mephistoes are supposed to be so good for you, they are almost like orthotic shoes.Thanks. Vicky