Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

I feel ashamed

Posted by tammie on 6/11/01 at 13:15 (050454)

To my friends ,
Please acept my deepest apoligies, as noticed has not been the best of days! First the basement,then the coffee, a phone call from a supposed good and concerned co worker/friend,a sleepless night and well what can I say no excuses, just not a good day for me. I thank each of you for allowing me to vent unfortuantly it is not at the ones I want to vent at! Thank you for being there for me AGAIN. Gosh I hope you dont write me off for a bad word,I do tend to whine,I just am having the most difficult time accepting this foot stuff it really sucks,sorry again one of my kids favorite saying that has rubbed off lol.Well basement is drying and coffee is cleaned up and well I now feel thourghly ashamed at my childish outburst. The sun is out maybe the rest of the day will be better,do I dare hope? Well just had to aploligize to my friends here,before I chicken out and never show my name here again.Head is bowed in shame! Thanks all for getting me thru yet another crises in my life! May the sun always shine in your life and if not heh I have a shoulder also!

Re: I feel ashamed

wendyn on 6/11/01 at 13:32 (050457)

Tammie - please see my response I posted in the lower thread.

ellen w on 6/11/01 at 14:07 (050461)

Tammie,

This made me laugh when I read it, maybe it will give you a chuckle also (my co-worker has it posted on her door):

Prayer for the Day

Dear God,
So far today, I've done all right.
I haven't gossiped and I haven't lost my temper.
I haven't been grumpy, nasty, or selfish,
But..in a few mintes, God, I'm going to get up out of bed and that's when I'm going to need a lot of HELP.
Amen.

I hope the rest of your day goes better,
Ellen

Laurie R on 6/11/01 at 16:16 (050467)

Hi Tammie , You have nothing to say sorry for. That is what we are all here for . Remember we all have bad days. I have come here more than once to vent and it helps me so much.WE CARE !!!!!!!! Hang in there my friend,Laurie R

Re: I feel ashamed/yes it was very good

Tammie on 6/11/01 at 20:33 (050482)

I was fine when I got up it was when I seen clothes floating in muddy water in basement that I sorta lost it. And if the cat hadnt came up wet I might have not known it for a few more hours, I could not understand why he was wet here his litter was under water. Well it is all cleaned up now and I have put my frame of mind back in order, and hope tomorrow is a better day,for all of us!!!!! The cat to as he didnt much like the water in his litter lol.I am so thankful the people here are so sweet and caring and understanding when the stress bug bites us , Thanks again to all and sorry for my attitude. But I do hate this foot deal I cant help it I am really trying even if u cant tell I am I am a bit of a slow learner tho, and I just cannot believe it takes so long to heal, maybe this is it I have to expierance this so I can tell others. God grant me the patience to get me thru this, and not hurt those who truly care about me! I am worried about our Mary was looking for her post after her dr. visit hope all is well!

Re: Ben & Jerry's

BrianG on 6/12/01 at 09:31 (050507)

Hi Tammy,

I'm glad you didn't just blow us off, but you know, we have ways of finding you :*) I get so frustrated myself, I hate to even tell you what goes through my mind. A pint of Ben & Jerry's ice cream usually takes my mind of the pain for a few seconds, hahaaa. Maybe I'll have one today, as long as it's not mint chocolate chip!!
Rest
Ice (cream :*)
Taping

BCG

PS I don't think I've asked, but do you have any sit down type hobbies? Now is the time to really have some fun! I'm thinking of taking up 'vodoo dolls' myself, for all those people who think it's in my head !!!

Tammie on 6/12/01 at 10:00 (050513)

LOL LOL I did laugh thank u for my laugh today!!! Why would I do that to such nice people we are all in the foot boat! Heh I like mint choc chip ice cream heheheh!!! I am sorry sounds as if you are having one of those days huh? Well Vodoo dolls sound interesting but I would have to have enough witchyness to use it heheh! HMMMM thought for the day! Sit down activities hmm another thought I like to read but ,I used to do lots of crafts but I like my computer but lol allot of buts, It is always the thing there are things to do and guilt rides high when sitting around and I just get restless if sitting to long , even at computer, I sometimes stand lol.Well it looks like rain again I am going to check that sump pump right now before it rains lol!Thanks for the laugh brian tho sounds good to me and if I ate that much icecream I would have more then feet troubles,lol . Have a good day and I always enjoy hearing from friends that care!!!!

Mary S. on 6/12/01 at 19:48 (050553)

OK----someone said, ICE CREAM! That woke me up! Tammie, Brian has the right idea--comfort food!! YOu know, I've never tried Ben and Jerry's. I've heard it is great. I'm sorta addicted to Blue Bell. I think I will look forward to that tonight while I'm elevating and icing. Gosh! what happens if you freeze from both ends? Well, I probably have plenty in the middle to cause a quick thaw.
It sounds like we're feeling a little better, right! Let's seize the moment!! You never know when times like this are fleeting.
Paul McCartny is going to be on Larry King Live tonight, so I'm an old Beatle fan who will be watching and comforting myself with ICE CREAM.
Glad you are feeling better, Tammie. We are in this thing together!!! Hugs!!!!!!!

wendyn on 6/11/01 at 13:32 (050457)

Tammie - please see my response I posted in the lower thread.

ellen w on 6/11/01 at 14:07 (050461)

Tammie,

This made me laugh when I read it, maybe it will give you a chuckle also (my co-worker has it posted on her door):

Prayer for the Day

Dear God,
So far today, I've done all right.
I haven't gossiped and I haven't lost my temper.
I haven't been grumpy, nasty, or selfish,
But..in a few mintes, God, I'm going to get up out of bed and that's when I'm going to need a lot of HELP.
Amen.

I hope the rest of your day goes better,
Ellen

Laurie R on 6/11/01 at 16:16 (050467)

Hi Tammie , You have nothing to say sorry for. That is what we are all here for . Remember we all have bad days. I have come here more than once to vent and it helps me so much.WE CARE !!!!!!!! Hang in there my friend,Laurie R

Re: I feel ashamed/yes it was very good

Tammie on 6/11/01 at 20:33 (050482)

I was fine when I got up it was when I seen clothes floating in muddy water in basement that I sorta lost it. And if the cat hadnt came up wet I might have not known it for a few more hours, I could not understand why he was wet here his litter was under water. Well it is all cleaned up now and I have put my frame of mind back in order, and hope tomorrow is a better day,for all of us!!!!! The cat to as he didnt much like the water in his litter lol.I am so thankful the people here are so sweet and caring and understanding when the stress bug bites us , Thanks again to all and sorry for my attitude. But I do hate this foot deal I cant help it I am really trying even if u cant tell I am I am a bit of a slow learner tho, and I just cannot believe it takes so long to heal, maybe this is it I have to expierance this so I can tell others. God grant me the patience to get me thru this, and not hurt those who truly care about me! I am worried about our Mary was looking for her post after her dr. visit hope all is well!

BrianG on 6/12/01 at 09:31 (050507)

Hi Tammy,

I'm glad you didn't just blow us off, but you know, we have ways of finding you :*) I get so frustrated myself, I hate to even tell you what goes through my mind. A pint of Ben & Jerry's ice cream usually takes my mind of the pain for a few seconds, hahaaa. Maybe I'll have one today, as long as it's not mint chocolate chip!!
Rest
Ice (cream :*)
Taping

BCG

PS I don't think I've asked, but do you have any sit down type hobbies? Now is the time to really have some fun! I'm thinking of taking up 'vodoo dolls' myself, for all those people who think it's in my head !!!

Tammie on 6/12/01 at 10:00 (050513)

LOL LOL I did laugh thank u for my laugh today!!! Why would I do that to such nice people we are all in the foot boat! Heh I like mint choc chip ice cream heheheh!!! I am sorry sounds as if you are having one of those days huh? Well Vodoo dolls sound interesting but I would have to have enough witchyness to use it heheh! HMMMM thought for the day! Sit down activities hmm another thought I like to read but ,I used to do lots of crafts but I like my computer but lol allot of buts, It is always the thing there are things to do and guilt rides high when sitting around and I just get restless if sitting to long , even at computer, I sometimes stand lol.Well it looks like rain again I am going to check that sump pump right now before it rains lol!Thanks for the laugh brian tho sounds good to me and if I ate that much icecream I would have more then feet troubles,lol . Have a good day and I always enjoy hearing from friends that care!!!!

Mary S. on 6/12/01 at 19:48 (050553)

OK----someone said, ICE CREAM! That woke me up! Tammie, Brian has the right idea--comfort food!! YOu know, I've never tried Ben and Jerry's. I've heard it is great. I'm sorta addicted to Blue Bell. I think I will look forward to that tonight while I'm elevating and icing. Gosh! what happens if you freeze from both ends? Well, I probably have plenty in the middle to cause a quick thaw.
It sounds like we're feeling a little better, right! Let's seize the moment!! You never know when times like this are fleeting.
Paul McCartny is going to be on Larry King Live tonight, so I'm an old Beatle fan who will be watching and comforting myself with ICE CREAM.
Glad you are feeling better, Tammie. We are in this thing together!!! Hugs!!!!!!!