Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

7 Weeks Post Op - Feeling Good

Posted by Sheila W. on 6/12/01 at 08:20 (050500)

I had pf release, no spur removal, 7 weeks ago. I got out of the boot yesterday and am back in my regular shoes with orthotics (same ones I had before surgery). My foot feels so much better. I overdid it today, my foot is sore, but nothing like before the surgery. I think that you really have to be patient and take it easy after the surgery. I've found that I was in so much pain before the surgery that I stopped paying attention to it. It was something I just lived with. Now that my foot is starting to feel better, I really have to stop and make myself slow down as soon as my foot feels the slightest pain. Even though it's a long slow healing process, I'm really glad I had the surgery.

Re: 7 Weeks Post Op - Feeling Good

Christy D. on 6/12/01 at hrmin (050539)

Good for you Shiela...Hope it goes away forever...Thanks for sharing a positive story ...

take care -

Mary S. on 6/12/01 at 21:08 (050561)

How wonderful!! I'm so happy for you! your story is encouraging. I am 3 weeks post-op, and hoping the day comes that I can post this kind of message. Wishing you continued success!

Tracey A on 6/15/01 at 21:03 (050793)

Shelia,
Just one question, did they do full pre-op blood work?
Tracey

Christy D. on 6/12/01 at hrmin (050539)

Good for you Shiela...Hope it goes away forever...Thanks for sharing a positive story ...

take care -

Mary S. on 6/12/01 at 21:08 (050561)

How wonderful!! I'm so happy for you! your story is encouraging. I am 3 weeks post-op, and hoping the day comes that I can post this kind of message. Wishing you continued success!

Tracey A on 6/15/01 at 21:03 (050793)

Shelia,
Just one question, did they do full pre-op blood work?
Tracey