Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Richard, Danna SL and Julie

Posted by Arn on 6/12/01 at hrmin (050501)

The guy from Wisconsin is going to call me today about making me some orthodics. With what you know about my condition:

high arch
cavus foot
forefoot valgus

Could you please suggest the kind of orthodics I should have made. Length, Materials etc.

-Arn

Re: Richard, Danna SL and Julie

Richard, C.Ped on 6/12/01 at 10:44 (050516)

Hi Arn,
C.Peds may differ in their material choices and opinions as to what to do for the cavus foot. I see that every day. I, personally, love EVA, but there are also other material choices for different feet.

Have them do a Coleman block test....they will (or should) know what that is.

I would suggest a full length. I have not seen your foot, but it is possible that you may need forefoot posting, or an extension of material under your first met head. It is hard to say without seeing you walk.

Not taking away from Brian's co-writing of the cavus foot article (great article by the way), but your foot may be different. You may need a different treatment than what is mentioned there. There may be other factors going on that need to be addressed. I will be emailing you with a question.
Richard, c.Ped

Re: ok, thanks Richard ;)

Arn on 6/12/01 at 15:36 (050525)

Just in case I didn't put my email address down

Re: oops disregaurd last post ;(

Arn on 6/12/01 at hrmin (050526)

I see I put my address in first post and didn't in last. Go figure

Re: Richard, Danna SL and Julie

Richard, C.Ped on 6/12/01 at 10:44 (050516)

Hi Arn,
C.Peds may differ in their material choices and opinions as to what to do for the cavus foot. I see that every day. I, personally, love EVA, but there are also other material choices for different feet.

Have them do a Coleman block test....they will (or should) know what that is.

I would suggest a full length. I have not seen your foot, but it is possible that you may need forefoot posting, or an extension of material under your first met head. It is hard to say without seeing you walk.

Not taking away from Brian's co-writing of the cavus foot article (great article by the way), but your foot may be different. You may need a different treatment than what is mentioned there. There may be other factors going on that need to be addressed. I will be emailing you with a question.
Richard, c.Ped

Re: ok, thanks Richard ;)

Arn on 6/12/01 at 15:36 (050525)

Just in case I didn't put my email address down

Re: oops disregaurd last post ;(

Arn on 6/12/01 at hrmin (050526)

I see I put my address in first post and didn't in last. Go figure