Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

To Wendyn--Birks

Posted by eileenc on 6/12/01 at 09:45 (050511)

I bought the Birkenstocks (Arizona-Papillio footbed) and am wondering how you went about getting used to them. Did they feel good right away or did you need 'break-in time? I am trying them with socks first as the leather seems to irritate my skin. From your posts we seem to have some of the same symptoms. I just wish there had been such a thing as this forum 5 years ago --before I had my unsuccessful Tarsal Tunnel release. Thanks for all your help and all of the research you have done on this 'not-so well-known' syndrome.

Re: To Wendyn--Birks

Rick on 6/12/01 at 22:16 (050567)

Are the Birkenstock shoes, as opposed to sandals, also recommended?
I now know of a store here that retails Birkenstock but have not yet contacted them to see how extensive a range they carry.
Regards
Rick

wendyn on 6/13/01 at 08:58 (050594)

Hi Rick, I haven't tried the shoes but imagine they are the same footbed. You may want to post that quesiton on the orthotics/shoes board to pick up some more answers. The nice thing about the sandals is that they don't put ANY pressure on the ankle area where most of us have pain.

Rick on 6/12/01 at 22:16 (050567)

Are the Birkenstock shoes, as opposed to sandals, also recommended?
I now know of a store here that retails Birkenstock but have not yet contacted them to see how extensive a range they carry.
Regards
Rick

wendyn on 6/13/01 at 08:58 (050594)

Hi Rick, I haven't tried the shoes but imagine they are the same footbed. You may want to post that quesiton on the orthotics/shoes board to pick up some more answers. The nice thing about the sandals is that they don't put ANY pressure on the ankle area where most of us have pain.