Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

6 weeks pain free

Posted by Colleen G on 6/12/01 at 13:17 (050521)

Hi everyone. I haven't posted in awhile but I do check the posts. After over two years of pain and 6 doctors, antiinflammatories, icing, stretching, surgery, casting, and night splints and rest I think that I am finally on the road to recovery. I have been pain free for six weeks. I am still being careful. I did walk outside barefoot on the grass and side walk for a few minutes yesterday with my dog and it was a great feeling. I had forgotten what grass feels like. I still try not to walk barefoot too often. My birks are still my friend. I am walking a 1 1/2 to 2 miles a day. Yipee!(Well not at the moment. I'm battling, strep, Mono, and Pnuemonia) I just hope that this doesn't come back that is why I am going to be cautious at least through the summer.

I hope everyone will have happy feet soon too.

Colleen

Re: 6 weeks pain free

Cindy H on 6/12/01 at 17:26 (050541)

Hi Colleen,

I'm very glad for your feet....and wish you good things with recovering from that other stuff! wow.

Was surgery the ultimate answer for you and did you have PF in one foot?

Colleen G on 6/12/01 at 18:12 (050544)

I'm not sure it surgery was the answer because the surgery was a year and a half ago. I had A LOT of PAIN for about 8 months after my surgery. My foot hurt so bad that I ended up getting depressed. But back in December of this past year I noticed that the pain was becoming less and less. My 6th doctor put me in a cast for three weeks which was a pain in the butt because they couldn't get it right not tight enough three times and too tight one time. Then I gave up and said to myself whatever happens happens. Fortunately, the pain continued to decrease. The true test was in May when I went to Lancaster PA with my Mom for the weekend and had no pain or stiffness afterward. I think it was a combo of all the treatments.

Colleen

Cindy H on 6/12/01 at 17:26 (050541)

Hi Colleen,

I'm very glad for your feet....and wish you good things with recovering from that other stuff! wow.

Was surgery the ultimate answer for you and did you have PF in one foot?

Colleen G on 6/12/01 at 18:12 (050544)

I'm not sure it surgery was the answer because the surgery was a year and a half ago. I had A LOT of PAIN for about 8 months after my surgery. My foot hurt so bad that I ended up getting depressed. But back in December of this past year I noticed that the pain was becoming less and less. My 6th doctor put me in a cast for three weeks which was a pain in the butt because they couldn't get it right not tight enough three times and too tight one time. Then I gave up and said to myself whatever happens happens. Fortunately, the pain continued to decrease. The true test was in May when I went to Lancaster PA with my Mom for the weekend and had no pain or stiffness afterward. I think it was a combo of all the treatments.

Colleen