Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

I'm back...

Posted by Lori E. on 6/12/01 at 17:20 (050537)

Hi all,
I am back from my trip to Scandinavia. I am happy to say that since I have been back I have had mostly 2 level pain days and there are times since I've been back that I have no pain while sitting. Walking and standing are still causing some trouble, but I am confidant that I am on the right path.
The trip was rough at times, especially airports waiting for them to check my passport and trying to board the plane,(in Iceland it is a free for all, they don't seat you by rows.) But I got thru it and saw almost all I wanted to see. I helped a great deal that we rented a car, so there were some travel days where I didn't walk much at all.
I managed the big cities by walking a few blocks and then resting for a few minutes, then I was ready to go again. I managed to get around both Copenhagen, Roskilde, and Stockholm that way. The only city that was a hard was Tallinn in Estonia. They didn't have anywhere to sit that wasn't a sidewalk cafe unless you count the park, and the bums are looking for a hand out there, so we had to keep moving.
I really missed the board, I tried to check it while I was in Stockholm, but by that time I had missed so much there wasn't time to read it all before we had to get going again.
I must say that the trip was a real eye opener that showed me what I could really do if I listened to my feet and rested when I needed to. It's nice to be back!

Re: I'm back...

john h on 6/12/01 at 17:25 (050540)

lori: did you get into town in iceland? i lived there for one year.

Lori E. on 6/12/01 at 17:55 (050543)

John,
We stayed at the Grand Hotel in town, but didn't get to experience town much. We had (mistakenly) decided to take the bus tour to keep us awake for the day that we were there due to the flight voucher we were using. The bus tour was okay, but way too long(8 hours.) Big time lack of sleep and jet lag were getting to us. We saw the falls, their 'Thing,' the country church, the hothouses, and the geysers.
What I did notice about town was how colorful the houses are! Almost all the roofs are metal and the buildings made of concrete but they sure have done alot with it. Every color combination imaginable. I never knew that roofs came in that color.
We saw the Cathedral from the bus as we went thru town. I wish we had stayed in town and seen that instead. Iceland is a cool place. I think if we go back we will just stay in town and enjoy the people.

Re: I'm back...To Lori

Clara on 6/13/01 at 07:02 (050582)

Välkommen tillbaka Lori!
Hoppas du har haft det trevligt i Sverige! Du var bara cirka 20 mil från mig!!
Skönt att du mår bättre. Jag tycker du är stark som orkar med en sådan resa! Vad tyckte du om Sverige? Brrr, vi har det kallt här, tycker du inte det?!!
Hälsningar
Clara

Lori E. on 6/13/01 at 15:42 (050632)

Clara,
Jag är glad du mår battre också! Var bor du? Jag tycker jag är stark inte, utan jag har lyssnade på min fötter! Jag promenerade, då jag sättade mig.
Sverige är ett skönt land! Stockholm var jättebra, men det regnade. Jag köpte en mössa i Stockholm och en pullover i Estland. Jag fryser inte, jag bor i Minnesota. Vi såg Kalmar också. Vi korde från Danmark till Stockholm.
Ditt land är väcker och din människor är härlig. Vi hade ett trevligt sommarlov i Scandinavien.
Hälsningar,
Lori

john h on 6/12/01 at 17:25 (050540)

lori: did you get into town in iceland? i lived there for one year.

Lori E. on 6/12/01 at 17:55 (050543)

John,
We stayed at the Grand Hotel in town, but didn't get to experience town much. We had (mistakenly) decided to take the bus tour to keep us awake for the day that we were there due to the flight voucher we were using. The bus tour was okay, but way too long(8 hours.) Big time lack of sleep and jet lag were getting to us. We saw the falls, their 'Thing,' the country church, the hothouses, and the geysers.
What I did notice about town was how colorful the houses are! Almost all the roofs are metal and the buildings made of concrete but they sure have done alot with it. Every color combination imaginable. I never knew that roofs came in that color.
We saw the Cathedral from the bus as we went thru town. I wish we had stayed in town and seen that instead. Iceland is a cool place. I think if we go back we will just stay in town and enjoy the people.

Clara on 6/13/01 at 07:02 (050582)

Välkommen tillbaka Lori!
Hoppas du har haft det trevligt i Sverige! Du var bara cirka 20 mil från mig!!
Skönt att du mår bättre. Jag tycker du är stark som orkar med en sådan resa! Vad tyckte du om Sverige? Brrr, vi har det kallt här, tycker du inte det?!!
Hälsningar
Clara

Lori E. on 6/13/01 at 15:42 (050632)

Clara,
Jag är glad du mår battre också! Var bor du? Jag tycker jag är stark inte, utan jag har lyssnade på min fötter! Jag promenerade, då jag sättade mig.
Sverige är ett skönt land! Stockholm var jättebra, men det regnade. Jag köpte en mössa i Stockholm och en pullover i Estland. Jag fryser inte, jag bor i Minnesota. Vi såg Kalmar också. Vi korde från Danmark till Stockholm.
Ditt land är väcker och din människor är härlig. Vi hade ett trevligt sommarlov i Scandinavien.
Hälsningar,
Lori