Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

heel spurs and clicking ankles?

Posted by steve H on 6/12/01 at 20:11 (050554)

I started having heel pain in my left foot several months ago. I was told I have PF by my doctor about 2 weeks ago.. I have now developed a loud clicking in my left ankle as well. You can hear me coming 30 feet away, no kidding. This might be because I am favoring the heel of this foot I suppose and walking differently, but I was just wondering if any of the good doctors out there have ever come across this before? I asked my doc and he doesn't seem to think there's a connection. Thanks.

Re: heel spurs and clicking ankles?

Adam C on 6/15/01 at hrmin (050745)

Steve,

I have had clicking ankles for most of my adult life 15 some years. My PF started over 10 years ago and have been told numerous time there is no connection. My clicking is from the tendons around the ankle becoming tight and snapping over the ankle bones. This only happens when my ankle tissues are cold.

Just my experience, I realize I have provided no real guidance.

AC

Re: heel spurs and clicking ankles?

Adam C on 6/15/01 at hrmin (050745)

Steve,

I have had clicking ankles for most of my adult life 15 some years. My PF started over 10 years ago and have been told numerous time there is no connection. My clicking is from the tendons around the ankle becoming tight and snapping over the ankle bones. This only happens when my ankle tissues are cold.

Just my experience, I realize I have provided no real guidance.

AC