Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

GUESS WHAT!!

Posted by Mary S. on 6/12/01 at 21:45 (050563)

Three weeks post-op and tonight I walked without the walker!!!!! Boy was it a strange sensation!! I think I could say that my right calf and foot felt like a sponge. I sort of swooshed, dipped, and stepped my way across the bedroom. I can't say that it was very painful-it wasn't. It was more prickly. My calf and ankle are still sorta numb and I almost wish they would stay that way. I have no idea what my poor heel will feel like when I try this with a shoe, because my pain was on the very back of the heel. I am NOT going to overdo it at all because of swelling and just the fact that the surgery is still fairly young. I didn't let my husband see this, because he would have had a stroke--he is so cautious about everything. I have a long way to go, but I think I'm getting there.
Hope that each of you had a good day!!!!

Re: GUESS WHAT!!

Laurie R on 6/12/01 at 23:57 (050573)

RIGHT ON Mary !!!!!!! Just take it easy.I bet it felt so good even to take a few steps without the walker. I am very proud of you. I bet your foot does feel kind of werid. I had about 6 or 7 different hard casts last year with crutches each for about 6 weeks at a time. When I would get the cast off and start to walk again it would feel so weird. But good at the same time. You sound so wonderful tonight .... My very best to you . Laurie R

JudyS on 6/13/01 at 09:25 (050597)

Cool, Mary! Way to go. Even MY feet feel better just thinking about your success! Now, you know the drill - don't overdo!

Laurie R on 6/12/01 at 23:57 (050573)

RIGHT ON Mary !!!!!!! Just take it easy.I bet it felt so good even to take a few steps without the walker. I am very proud of you. I bet your foot does feel kind of werid. I had about 6 or 7 different hard casts last year with crutches each for about 6 weeks at a time. When I would get the cast off and start to walk again it would feel so weird. But good at the same time. You sound so wonderful tonight .... My very best to you . Laurie R

JudyS on 6/13/01 at 09:25 (050597)

Cool, Mary! Way to go. Even MY feet feel better just thinking about your success! Now, you know the drill - don't overdo!