Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

New to this board

Posted by Christine N on 6/12/01 at 23:02 (050569)

Hi there. I just found this message board by chance today while doing a search for cortisone injection side effects. I have had pf in both feet for a little over a year now. I also have heel spurs in both feet. I have done pretty much everything as far as trying to get rid of this god awful pain. I have had 4 cortisone injections in one foot and 5 in the other. I just had my last round about 4 weeks ago. It seemed to have helped alot, but I am still in pain, just not as bad. I will be getting my custom made orthotics in about 2 1/2 weeks. I was fitted for them last Friday. I hope they do the trick although I have a feeling they won't. No matter what I do, I feel as if this pain will never go away. I am so glad I found this board. At least I don't feel so alone anymore. The pain associated with this condition is unbearable. People don't believe me when I say that the shots feel better than the pain. Right now I am working full time. Actually, I just got a full time job in January. Before that I was basically doing temp jobs. Of course right after I got my full time job is when my pf started really getting bad. I'm sure it is because I wasn't always working so I rested my feet more. Now, it seems like they never get any rest. Funny thing is, I am actually used to the pain now. I also started walking on other parts of my feet too, like my toes, and the edges of my feet. So of course they now hurt too. I guess it is neverending. Anyway, thanks to you all for being here to listen.

Re: New to this board

Laurie R on 6/12/01 at 23:53 (050572)

Hi Christine, Welcome to the board..You will find so much info here and very compassionate and caring people. Please read Scotts pain book ..... Ask anything you would like, we all help each other here...Laurie R

Re: New to this board - Welcome!

Clara on 6/13/01 at 06:57 (050580)

Hi there Christine!
You are welcome! This board has helped me a lot!! I am now better with acupuncture and ultrasound, but I have also tested shots, taping, pills, and so on. It´s rather individual what helps but - give it a try!!
It will NOT last forever!

Clara

Valerie S on 6/13/01 at 09:44 (050601)

Hi Christine.

Welcome. You will find lots of info and advice here. You should print out and read the PF Book. There is a link at the top of the home page.

You have had lots of injections... be careful with these. The cortizone can weaken the tissue in your heel and cause other problems for you down the road. I hope the orthotics work out for you. They help a lot of people, so do give them a try.

I wonder what kind of work you do... are you on your feet a lot? This can contribute to chronic PF. Don't take this injury lightly... I know you say the you have gotten used to the pain, and I thought that I had too, but now I have been out on disability for 12 weeks and can't seem to get better! The heel pain can cause you to walk differently, injuring other parts of your body.

PF is an injury, and can get better. I know the hopeless feelings too well... don't give up hope! Feel free to ask questions here, you will find plenty of helpful caring people always willing to help. I don't know where I would be right now, if I hadn't found this place!

Take it easy, and I hope you find relief soon.
Your friend, Val.

Carmel M on 6/13/01 at 11:17 (050610)

Hi Christine, I'm fairly new to this board also. However, I am not new to plantar fascia pain...had it almost two years now. I have custom orthotics and they seem to do the trick most of the time. I can't understand why I'm not 100% better. I have flare-up every 3 to 5 months or so. I just saw my podiatrist yesterday and he gave me another cortisone shot in my right foot since the left foot is good so far. I'd be leary of getting anymore cortisone shots, as they can damage the fat pad on your heel.

Read all you can on this board, and check out any links...you'll find a mountain of great information. I myself have been up way too late at night reading posts and searching for information. Welcome and good luck to you.
Carmel

Laurie R on 6/12/01 at 23:53 (050572)

Hi Christine, Welcome to the board..You will find so much info here and very compassionate and caring people. Please read Scotts pain book ..... Ask anything you would like, we all help each other here...Laurie R

Re: New to this board - Welcome!

Clara on 6/13/01 at 06:57 (050580)

Hi there Christine!
You are welcome! This board has helped me a lot!! I am now better with acupuncture and ultrasound, but I have also tested shots, taping, pills, and so on. It´s rather individual what helps but - give it a try!!
It will NOT last forever!

Clara

Valerie S on 6/13/01 at 09:44 (050601)

Hi Christine.

Welcome. You will find lots of info and advice here. You should print out and read the PF Book. There is a link at the top of the home page.

You have had lots of injections... be careful with these. The cortizone can weaken the tissue in your heel and cause other problems for you down the road. I hope the orthotics work out for you. They help a lot of people, so do give them a try.

I wonder what kind of work you do... are you on your feet a lot? This can contribute to chronic PF. Don't take this injury lightly... I know you say the you have gotten used to the pain, and I thought that I had too, but now I have been out on disability for 12 weeks and can't seem to get better! The heel pain can cause you to walk differently, injuring other parts of your body.

PF is an injury, and can get better. I know the hopeless feelings too well... don't give up hope! Feel free to ask questions here, you will find plenty of helpful caring people always willing to help. I don't know where I would be right now, if I hadn't found this place!

Take it easy, and I hope you find relief soon.
Your friend, Val.

Carmel M on 6/13/01 at 11:17 (050610)

Hi Christine, I'm fairly new to this board also. However, I am not new to plantar fascia pain...had it almost two years now. I have custom orthotics and they seem to do the trick most of the time. I can't understand why I'm not 100% better. I have flare-up every 3 to 5 months or so. I just saw my podiatrist yesterday and he gave me another cortisone shot in my right foot since the left foot is good so far. I'd be leary of getting anymore cortisone shots, as they can damage the fat pad on your heel.

Read all you can on this board, and check out any links...you'll find a mountain of great information. I myself have been up way too late at night reading posts and searching for information. Welcome and good luck to you.
Carmel