Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

therapy not helping

Posted by Linda on 6/13/01 at hrmin (050578)

I posted a message in Heelspurs.com Message Board explaining my heelspur and arthritis and tendonitis pain. I have suffered with this pain for 6 weeks. I am a nurse aide in a long term care facility where I perform many heavy lifting, and transferring tasks. I also do alot of bending, kneeling, and squatting. I have suffered cramps and knots in the calf of my left leg. I have taken ibueprophen for an inflamatory. My podiatrist changed the ibueprophen to Arthrotec 75. He gave me a shot of cortizone into my left heel for pain control associated from the heel spur. He then gave me arch supports for my shoes. The cortizone shot helped the pain in my heel, but the pain on my forefoot and around the joint where my leg and foot joins togeather is still very painful, my forefoot just below my toes is swelled and tight feeling, it travels up to meet my joint where the leg and foot join. I work 8 hours a day in this fast paced facility. A lot of pressure and strain are put on my feet. I am having so much pain, I don't know wether to walk on the front part of my foot or the back of my foot. I cannot put the full weight bearing straight down on my foot. I feel like my foot is crushing when I do this. I don't know how to walk to keep from such pain. Please can you help me? I am 51 years old, I have arthritis in my lower spine and left knee and a heel spur. Would a MRI or a ultra sound of my foot be wise? Thank you

Re: Welcome Linda

Tammie on 6/13/01 at hrmin (050590)

Hi Linda,
I seen your post and I know this is the dr. board so will make this quick! Welcome you have found a great site for information and friendship!!! There is a lot of help here, and I to who do the same work as you do and have the pf and spur problem, I had the surgery 8 weeks ago,and just wanted to say a couple things, one is try to get some time off of work NOW, take a leave or what ever you have to do,I worked for months walking on my toes and forefoot,from the pain and I believe that the healing has been longer because of it,sounds as tho you have a dr.? What do they suggest? Rest and letting your foot heal takes a lot of time weeks and months,seems as tho no quick fix. I looked for one to! Try anything here and try all BEFORE the surgery they have this ESWT treatment that sounds good , I wish my insurance would have covered that. Surgery is easy , but the healing is LONG! And the worry is there if it doesnt work what then? And I learned even with surgery it could return, if what caused it is not corrected! PLEASE read all that u can and post all questions most here are wonderful tho it sometimes takes a day or two for a answer,I am sure some of the more expieranced and more knowledgable about treatments and advice will answer u soon. I wish I had more time but have to run (lol ) yeah right but really must get going as have to go with hubby for his dr. appointment! If you would like to talk more feel free to mail me anytime! Welcome !

Re: Welcome Linda

Tammie on 6/13/01 at hrmin (050590)

Hi Linda,
I seen your post and I know this is the dr. board so will make this quick! Welcome you have found a great site for information and friendship!!! There is a lot of help here, and I to who do the same work as you do and have the pf and spur problem, I had the surgery 8 weeks ago,and just wanted to say a couple things, one is try to get some time off of work NOW, take a leave or what ever you have to do,I worked for months walking on my toes and forefoot,from the pain and I believe that the healing has been longer because of it,sounds as tho you have a dr.? What do they suggest? Rest and letting your foot heal takes a lot of time weeks and months,seems as tho no quick fix. I looked for one to! Try anything here and try all BEFORE the surgery they have this ESWT treatment that sounds good , I wish my insurance would have covered that. Surgery is easy , but the healing is LONG! And the worry is there if it doesnt work what then? And I learned even with surgery it could return, if what caused it is not corrected! PLEASE read all that u can and post all questions most here are wonderful tho it sometimes takes a day or two for a answer,I am sure some of the more expieranced and more knowledgable about treatments and advice will answer u soon. I wish I had more time but have to run (lol ) yeah right but really must get going as have to go with hubby for his dr. appointment! If you would like to talk more feel free to mail me anytime! Welcome !