Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

electric current in heel

Posted by Jane on 6/13/01 at 09:26 (050598)

I feel electric currents shooting down the back of my ankel and through my heels. The right more than the left. I also feel an electric current between my second and third toes on my right. I have no pain, just the very strong tight electric feeling. I feel it most when walking DOWN stairs and bending to pick something up off the floor (when doing this I can also get a slight buzz up my legs to bottom). This all seemed to start after three weeks of walking 1 1/2 miles a day. I have been streching and taking Advil. I will have elective surgery(for another problem) in a few weeks where I will be off my feet for a couple of weeks.
Any idea what this is or how to treat it. My Dr. just said ice, Advil, no activity, and stretch, but I don't feel any better after 4 weeks. Thank you. Jane P.S. I also have a bad hamstring on left leg and carpel tunnel on right arm. Any connection?

Re: electric current in heel

Dr. zuckerman on 6/13/01 at 20:15 (050657)

How is your lower back. This could be directly related to a nerve inflamation or spinal problem.

Jane on 6/14/01 at 09:43 (050703)

No problems with lower back. The only thing I ever did to my back was fall off a chair onto my tail bone, but that was 2 yrs. ago. I do have a little sciatica. Also have very retroverted uterus with large fibroids. Could that be pressing on my back and irritating a nerve? Thank you. Jane

Dr. zuckerman on 6/13/01 at 20:15 (050657)

How is your lower back. This could be directly related to a nerve inflamation or spinal problem.

Jane on 6/14/01 at 09:43 (050703)

No problems with lower back. The only thing I ever did to my back was fall off a chair onto my tail bone, but that was 2 yrs. ago. I do have a little sciatica. Also have very retroverted uterus with large fibroids. Could that be pressing on my back and irritating a nerve? Thank you. Jane