Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Supination

Posted by Brenda G. on 6/13/01 at 10:24 (050605)

Hi. I've read so much about pronation resulting in PF. When I walk, I instead supinate, my feet roll outward, as if my arch is contracted, and I notice my toes curl. I've written several posts recently concerning my slow recovery. I feel like I'm walking on a 'bar' at the back part of the arch. Does this sound like incorrect orthodics? My doctor 'strapped' my feet 2 days ago, told me to stay off the orthodics and I feel like my feet are more stressed, but the bar is not as evident. Thanks for any info. Brenda

Re: Supination

Dr. Biehler on 6/13/01 at 21:04 (050666)

I have treated people that seem to be walking on the outside edge of their foot. I have found that the degree of motion in the foot, and each one is different, has a lot to do with how it is treated. Dr. B.

Re: Supination

Dr. Biehler on 6/13/01 at 21:04 (050666)

I have treated people that seem to be walking on the outside edge of their foot. I have found that the degree of motion in the foot, and each one is different, has a lot to do with how it is treated. Dr. B.