Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Is PF a form of arthritis?

Posted by Patty S on 6/13/01 at hrmin (050619)

Hi!
I am in a debate with my sister about the above subject. I've been dx with PF for one year now. Arthritis 'runs' in our family....is there
a corelation between the two?

Pat

Re: Is PF a form of arthritis?

Dr. Zuckerman on 6/13/01 at 16:29 (050636)

Not all plantar fasciitis is just plantar fasciitis. The cause can be from Rhematoid arthritis, Reiter's Syndrome. Psoriatic arthritis. So arthritis isn't the main cause of pf but there are some arthritic condition that contribute to pf.

The number one cause of plantar fasciitis is that it is a repetitive motion injury.

Andrew on 6/13/01 at 18:26 (050652)

How do you know if you have Rhematoid arthritis, Reiter's Syndrome. or Psoriatic arthritis?

Dr. Zuckerman on 6/13/01 at 20:14 (050656)

Blood tests in conjunction with a history and physical examination which includes x-rays. Remember that most pf is repetitive motion injury in causation but the above should be kept in mind by the treating physician

Dr. Zuckerman on 6/13/01 at 16:29 (050636)

Not all plantar fasciitis is just plantar fasciitis. The cause can be from Rhematoid arthritis, Reiter's Syndrome. Psoriatic arthritis. So arthritis isn't the main cause of pf but there are some arthritic condition that contribute to pf.

The number one cause of plantar fasciitis is that it is a repetitive motion injury.

Andrew on 6/13/01 at 18:26 (050652)

How do you know if you have Rhematoid arthritis, Reiter's Syndrome. or Psoriatic arthritis?

Dr. Zuckerman on 6/13/01 at 20:14 (050656)

Blood tests in conjunction with a history and physical examination which includes x-rays. Remember that most pf is repetitive motion injury in causation but the above should be kept in mind by the treating physician