Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Optimal time between ESWT treatments

Posted by BrianJ on 6/13/01 at 15:39 (050630)

I had ESWT (Ossatron) on April 11 and got no relief, so I am scheduling a second treatment. Due to scheduling difficulties, I cannot get the second treatment until August 15th. Does this 4-month gap between treatments decrease my chance of success?

Re: Optimal time between ESWT treatments

Dr. Zuckreman on 6/13/01 at 16:05 (050634)

It you got no relief at all. No. It you received a little relief then would be better for a second shot closer together.

john h on 6/14/01 at 09:08 (050702)

brian: i think the ossatron studies showed it took up to 12 weeks to receive the maximum benefit from the ESWT treatment. from that it would seem August might be a good time since you have passed the 12 week point. i have spread my orbasone treatments (3) around 6 months apart.

Dr. Zuckreman on 6/13/01 at 16:05 (050634)

It you got no relief at all. No. It you received a little relief then would be better for a second shot closer together.

john h on 6/14/01 at 09:08 (050702)

brian: i think the ossatron studies showed it took up to 12 weeks to receive the maximum benefit from the ESWT treatment. from that it would seem August might be a good time since you have passed the 12 week point. i have spread my orbasone treatments (3) around 6 months apart.