Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Shoes????

Posted by Tammie on 6/13/01 at hrmin (050640)

Ok help again?????I have been shoe shopping yet again ,I have been looking for the perfect shoe for me and my orthodics,It is harder then I would have imagined! And It takes to much walking trying to find them lol. Ok I spent allot of time in Khols today and I went to a small mall with allot of shoe stores and I was looking for thease new balance shoes and none could i find how come? I found a couple of 700 's some 800 but could not find w841,ww754,w762,w852,w587,w991,w903,w1121,ww810,thease are numbers people have recomended. I have flat feet and foot rolls in to the inside I have 3 quarter orthodic and man shoe shopping is totaly exhausting! I tried so many shoes on I couldnt even tell you what felt good I got to bored. Now what am I doing wrong where do u find thease number which stores??? All stores seem to have the new balance shoes but so many different numbers. I have been searching so I have good shoes before I go back to work! I have the dmx in reebox right now but hear so many good things about new blance, I have to have mostly WHITE shoe to may have a bit of color but majority has to be white! I am a nurses aide. I know can purchase over net but I like to try shoes on and hate to send stuff back lol,so would prefer to see and feel them in person! If any ideas please share lol ! My poor hubby now hates shoe shopping and I was in begining looking for shorts for him for fathers day heheh found them easy!Thanks in advance for any help or tips! Some shoes I tryed on the orthodics felt to high up in shoe like my reebox,I like a light shoe that is not awful heavy maybe that is bad?I really like the reebox for feel and stuff but they do squeak and orthodic seems to make my heel up to much. Thanks

Re: Shoes????

Paula A on 6/13/01 at hrmin (050662)

Hi Tammie,

Do you have an Orthopedic shoe store or Shoe Repair Store
in your area? They might have what you are looking for.
We have one here and I went in and he carried New Balances
but not in my size. I wear a a size 4, so it is very tough to find..
He ordered my size and it was in within a week. I have to pick
them up tomorrow and will let you know how it works out.
He said they come highly recommended for PF and TTS
and he got them in black for me since my work requires black..
He commented he had them in white also.

Check your phone book first to see if they have the numbers
you are looking for in your size..If not they can likely order
them in fairly quickly. This might be faster than shopping
and wearing yourself out looking..

Take good care..

Paula A

Tammie on 6/13/01 at 21:23 (050669)

Thanks Paula,
We live in a small town lol country bumpkins lol! But We have malls with stores about 45 or so min. away. I was looking in New Balance site tonight on net, looking for stores who carry I seen a dunhams on list and I know where one of those are , but no guarentee that they have them to lolI have seen there are so many different numbers whaich makes it hard as some do not have sizes of course and some they just do not have! i was trying tons of shoes on and after several they all feel the same heheh, I just want to get any just to be done with it so then I buy none! I have never liked buying shoes ever, I always thought it a waste,ooops shameeeeee on me , I do not believe that any longer ok lol. I want a good shoe for my feet so am taking my time looking I hate shelling out 100 for them if they are not going to feel good and be work acceptable if you know what i mean! So Yes let me know what happens for you, do u have flat feet to? I wear a 7,5 and I like a wide width as my feet swell when on them allot. Sometimes if they run smaller I may need a 8. Fun fun fun shoes yucko,I would rather go somewhere and tell them just show me what is good for my feet and then let me try them on and decide I hate trying to read them and figure out on my own then I get wrong ones ,I know some people hate the reebox dmx in fact my daughter absoulutly hates them but they do feel good on my feet, the only thing I hate is my heel is up with the orthodic in,and they squeak lol and I heard that that means they are no good? Air leaking? I have 2 pairs and really not to old , my foot dr. liked them he said they looked like good shoes for me but then I have heard here by many they are not that great, so thought i would look. ok well thanks for taking time to reply! And am going ot look some more for stores who carry them night!

Paula A on 6/13/01 at hrmin (050673)

Tammie,

Good luck on the search. I hope you find what you need and feel good in.

No, I don't have flat feet. I have the opposite, high arches..I need a wide
shoe also. I know what you mean about swelling, my left ankle and side
of my foot keeps swelling even in the walking cast..That thing seems to be
hurting me more than helping. Hopefully my new shoes will help me get
out of the cast.

I hate shoe shopping too. Have tons of shoes I can't even wear
and most of the time a shoe will feel good in the store but after
wearing them for one day I find out they will never work..

Feet are oh so frustrating but I hope someday we'll all
have happy feet again..

Best wishes..

Paula A

Beverly on 6/15/01 at 15:49 (050777)

Tammie,

I don't have a flat foot; so I'm not sure if my particular choices would help you, but I can give a few tips on shoe shopping.

I've learned it pays to go to an old fashioned Mom and Pop type of athletic shoe store. They actually know the merchandise unlike to pimple face kids who work at the athletic super stores. If your city doesn't have a little Mom and Pop place, ask your pod where he reccommends. (Usually the high brow specialty sports stores that are not so big have more knowledgeable sales people also.)

I have new orthodics and they are the first ones I've been able to wear. I also have a foot that spreads out and needs a wide width, but I have a narrow heel. I can't tell you how many shoes and stores I visited before I finally came home happy (at least so far) with my Asics MC Plus.

I'm in the process of throwing away my ego and any remaining fashion sense I've ever had and I'm trying out the orthopedic shoes (Drew, Ambulator, ect.) They have extra depth and are made to accomodate orthodics. They also come in many size and width combinations.
I think these kinds of shoes need to be fitted by a professional. My orthodist is helping me pick them out. He orders a few pairs at a time, and I reject or return 95% of them, but he is a nice guy and keeps ordering more... looking for something that works.

Best luck,
Beverly

BrianG on 6/15/01 at 16:56 (050781)

Hi Tammy,

If you find any shoes you like, but are too expensive, try the net. I've found some good bargains myself. I got my Birks for about 1/3 off. Check out the New Balance web site. They have a lot of inforation, and make a shoe for just about everyone. The last pair I bought were the 854's, which I like. They might not be the best for you, with your flat feet. Use a search engine to find the New Balance web site.

My mother told me that the last time she was in the hospital, the nurses were all wearaing some type of white clogs, made by Birenstock. Not sure what model they are though. Good luck on the search.

BCG

Re: Shoes/ Moudel 577

Yoav Luxembourg on 8/11/01 at hrmin (056289)

I am walking with New Balance 577 for the last 20 years or so and can not change.

I need an help of either where can I get this kind of Shoes ( N.B 577 ) size 12.5-13 in the USA or 47 in Europe.

Thanks.

YOAV LUXEMBOURG

Paula A on 6/13/01 at hrmin (050662)

Hi Tammie,

Do you have an Orthopedic shoe store or Shoe Repair Store
in your area? They might have what you are looking for.
We have one here and I went in and he carried New Balances
but not in my size. I wear a a size 4, so it is very tough to find..
He ordered my size and it was in within a week. I have to pick
them up tomorrow and will let you know how it works out.
He said they come highly recommended for PF and TTS
and he got them in black for me since my work requires black..
He commented he had them in white also.

Check your phone book first to see if they have the numbers
you are looking for in your size..If not they can likely order
them in fairly quickly. This might be faster than shopping
and wearing yourself out looking..

Take good care..

Paula A

Tammie on 6/13/01 at 21:23 (050669)

Thanks Paula,
We live in a small town lol country bumpkins lol! But We have malls with stores about 45 or so min. away. I was looking in New Balance site tonight on net, looking for stores who carry I seen a dunhams on list and I know where one of those are , but no guarentee that they have them to lolI have seen there are so many different numbers whaich makes it hard as some do not have sizes of course and some they just do not have! i was trying tons of shoes on and after several they all feel the same heheh, I just want to get any just to be done with it so then I buy none! I have never liked buying shoes ever, I always thought it a waste,ooops shameeeeee on me , I do not believe that any longer ok lol. I want a good shoe for my feet so am taking my time looking I hate shelling out 100 for them if they are not going to feel good and be work acceptable if you know what i mean! So Yes let me know what happens for you, do u have flat feet to? I wear a 7,5 and I like a wide width as my feet swell when on them allot. Sometimes if they run smaller I may need a 8. Fun fun fun shoes yucko,I would rather go somewhere and tell them just show me what is good for my feet and then let me try them on and decide I hate trying to read them and figure out on my own then I get wrong ones ,I know some people hate the reebox dmx in fact my daughter absoulutly hates them but they do feel good on my feet, the only thing I hate is my heel is up with the orthodic in,and they squeak lol and I heard that that means they are no good? Air leaking? I have 2 pairs and really not to old , my foot dr. liked them he said they looked like good shoes for me but then I have heard here by many they are not that great, so thought i would look. ok well thanks for taking time to reply! And am going ot look some more for stores who carry them night!

Paula A on 6/13/01 at hrmin (050673)

Tammie,

Good luck on the search. I hope you find what you need and feel good in.

No, I don't have flat feet. I have the opposite, high arches..I need a wide
shoe also. I know what you mean about swelling, my left ankle and side
of my foot keeps swelling even in the walking cast..That thing seems to be
hurting me more than helping. Hopefully my new shoes will help me get
out of the cast.

I hate shoe shopping too. Have tons of shoes I can't even wear
and most of the time a shoe will feel good in the store but after
wearing them for one day I find out they will never work..

Feet are oh so frustrating but I hope someday we'll all
have happy feet again..

Best wishes..

Paula A

Beverly on 6/15/01 at 15:49 (050777)

Tammie,

I don't have a flat foot; so I'm not sure if my particular choices would help you, but I can give a few tips on shoe shopping.

I've learned it pays to go to an old fashioned Mom and Pop type of athletic shoe store. They actually know the merchandise unlike to pimple face kids who work at the athletic super stores. If your city doesn't have a little Mom and Pop place, ask your pod where he reccommends. (Usually the high brow specialty sports stores that are not so big have more knowledgeable sales people also.)

I have new orthodics and they are the first ones I've been able to wear. I also have a foot that spreads out and needs a wide width, but I have a narrow heel. I can't tell you how many shoes and stores I visited before I finally came home happy (at least so far) with my Asics MC Plus.

I'm in the process of throwing away my ego and any remaining fashion sense I've ever had and I'm trying out the orthopedic shoes (Drew, Ambulator, ect.) They have extra depth and are made to accomodate orthodics. They also come in many size and width combinations.
I think these kinds of shoes need to be fitted by a professional. My orthodist is helping me pick them out. He orders a few pairs at a time, and I reject or return 95% of them, but he is a nice guy and keeps ordering more... looking for something that works.

Best luck,
Beverly

BrianG on 6/15/01 at 16:56 (050781)

Hi Tammy,

If you find any shoes you like, but are too expensive, try the net. I've found some good bargains myself. I got my Birks for about 1/3 off. Check out the New Balance web site. They have a lot of inforation, and make a shoe for just about everyone. The last pair I bought were the 854's, which I like. They might not be the best for you, with your flat feet. Use a search engine to find the New Balance web site.

My mother told me that the last time she was in the hospital, the nurses were all wearaing some type of white clogs, made by Birenstock. Not sure what model they are though. Good luck on the search.

BCG

Re: Shoes/ Moudel 577

Yoav Luxembourg on 8/11/01 at hrmin (056289)

I am walking with New Balance 577 for the last 20 years or so and can not change.

I need an help of either where can I get this kind of Shoes ( N.B 577 ) size 12.5-13 in the USA or 47 in Europe.

Thanks.

YOAV LUXEMBOURG