Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Reflexon treatment in Europe

Posted by Eva G on 6/13/01 at hrmin (050663)

Hi,

I just went to England and had the treatment for the first time. I don't know about the treatment in the States, but does it hurt and do you need local anastetic too when you do the treatment.?
It has now been five weeks, and I can't say I notice a difference. Are there some special exercises I should do to improve the recovery? I'm currently walking on my toes and gripping with my toes.I also walk around with Birkenstock sandals that are the most comfortable shoes I have had since I got this injury four years ago. It really gives me support and they are great in the summer.Walking on the beach also strengthen the feet and it feels good.
I look at the board every now and again and constantly looking for help around the subject,

Thankful for help,

Eva

Re: Reflexon treatment in Europe

Dr. Zuckerman on 6/13/01 at 21:42 (050672)

Hi,

The excercises post-ESWT are usually directed toward the achilles tendon. Wall stretches are very helpful in most cases. Gripping and walking on your toes is only aggravating all of the tendons/plantar fascia. that attached to the medial tubercle So you are pulling on the area that was treated via ESWT. Stop this and read about the wall stretches for achilles tendon stretching. It could six weeks or more to see ESWT results.

When I use the orbasone for ESWT I rarely find the need to use a local anesthesia. With the use of the ossatron a local anesthesia is the miminium requirement for control pain that you do experience with this treatment. So proper shoe, taping, stretching are some of the things you can do. Stay off of your toes at this time

Marina B. on 6/14/01 at hrmin (050689)

Hi, I perform ESW treatment in Italy without any anestesia since I use a device (STORZ) which allows very low energy to be applied firstly and a gradual increase can follow without hurting. We obtain extremely good results and no one is complaining for pain.
A non negligible advantage of low energy treatment is that no anestesia is needed, the treatment is performed in outpatient ambulatory and our prices are four to eight times lower than in USA.
Thanks, Marina

Donna SL on 6/14/01 at 05:18 (050692)

Eva,

Where did you get the treatment done in England? Any info on your experience that you could provide, and also who did the procedure, name, and address of the clinic, satisfaction with the general procedure, staff, etc. would be most helpful for UK residents.

Donna

Eva G on 6/14/01 at hrmin (050724)

Hi Donna,

I did my treatment at the Oving Clinic in South of England. Their phone number is 44 1243 773167 email: info@ovingclinic.co.uk http://www.ovingclinic.co.uk

This is sports clinic that treat all sorts of sports injuries etc.They have great experience and have done the treatments for years. I will do my second treatment in a few weeks. And this time I will take the local anastechia.My first treatment was nearly as painful as to give birth without pain relief, no kidding!!!But, it only lasted for six minutes. They have different levels 1 to four, and I did up to three.
Good luck everybody,

Eva

LynneA on 6/15/01 at hrmin (050753)

PLease could you let me know what this treatment entails. Does the word Reflexon have anything to do with reflexology, in as much as the method is deep massage? I am fascinated to know. Am having reflexology (depp and painful!) at the moment. Am desperate!

Eva G on 6/15/01 at 21:44 (050796)

Hi Lynne,

No, the name is just a name of the make of the machine. It is 'spitting' out the waves while you lay on your tummie.I would think it is equal to other machines in the US. They have used the ESWT machines in Europe for a very long time!! About ten years at least!
I have had my pain for about four years, and it seems to be permanent. I find some release with insoles and the Birkenstock sandals. I put my feet in the shoes as I stand up in the morning and I also do some exercises with my foot before I put weight on my legs.

LynneA on 6/15/01 at hrmin (050803)

Hello Eva
There is great comfort to be had from contact with 'fellow sufferers'. Thank you taking the time to reply.I'll ask around in Singapore to see if there is anything similar here. Lynne

Re: Thanks Eva Re: Reflectron treatment in Europe

Donna SL on 6/16/01 at 18:08 (050866)

Eva,

Thanks so much for the information, and the informative web site address. The clinic seems very interesting. I will be moving to the UK in the future, so I'm very interested in what procedures are available, and where. The cost seems extremely reasonable also, compared to the US fees.

Did a podiatrist supervise, or perform the reflectron treatment?

Please keep us posted on your progress.

Donna

Eva G on 6/17/01 at 20:06 (050919)

Hi Donna,

The clinic in England is specialized in Sports injuries, and there was an ortopedic doctor whom did the treatment on me. I'm booked for my second treatment in beginning of July. I will get back on the meassage board as soon as I am back from my holiday in Europe. Wish me luck,

Eva

Donna SL on 6/18/01 at 02:05 (050931)

Hi Eva,

Thanks again. Hope you have a good holiday, and good luck with the treatments. Maybe the first zap will do the trick. It can sometimes take from 6 to 12 weeks, or more to see results.

Keep us posted.

Donna

Dr. Zuckerman on 6/13/01 at 21:42 (050672)

Hi,

The excercises post-ESWT are usually directed toward the achilles tendon. Wall stretches are very helpful in most cases. Gripping and walking on your toes is only aggravating all of the tendons/plantar fascia. that attached to the medial tubercle So you are pulling on the area that was treated via ESWT. Stop this and read about the wall stretches for achilles tendon stretching. It could six weeks or more to see ESWT results.

When I use the orbasone for ESWT I rarely find the need to use a local anesthesia. With the use of the ossatron a local anesthesia is the miminium requirement for control pain that you do experience with this treatment. So proper shoe, taping, stretching are some of the things you can do. Stay off of your toes at this time

Marina B. on 6/14/01 at hrmin (050689)

Hi, I perform ESW treatment in Italy without any anestesia since I use a device (STORZ) which allows very low energy to be applied firstly and a gradual increase can follow without hurting. We obtain extremely good results and no one is complaining for pain.
A non negligible advantage of low energy treatment is that no anestesia is needed, the treatment is performed in outpatient ambulatory and our prices are four to eight times lower than in USA.
Thanks, Marina

Donna SL on 6/14/01 at 05:18 (050692)

Eva,

Where did you get the treatment done in England? Any info on your experience that you could provide, and also who did the procedure, name, and address of the clinic, satisfaction with the general procedure, staff, etc. would be most helpful for UK residents.

Donna

Eva G on 6/14/01 at hrmin (050724)

Hi Donna,

I did my treatment at the Oving Clinic in South of England. Their phone number is 44 1243 773167 email: info@ovingclinic.co.uk http://www.ovingclinic.co.uk

This is sports clinic that treat all sorts of sports injuries etc.They have great experience and have done the treatments for years. I will do my second treatment in a few weeks. And this time I will take the local anastechia.My first treatment was nearly as painful as to give birth without pain relief, no kidding!!!But, it only lasted for six minutes. They have different levels 1 to four, and I did up to three.
Good luck everybody,

Eva

LynneA on 6/15/01 at hrmin (050753)

PLease could you let me know what this treatment entails. Does the word Reflexon have anything to do with reflexology, in as much as the method is deep massage? I am fascinated to know. Am having reflexology (depp and painful!) at the moment. Am desperate!

Eva G on 6/15/01 at 21:44 (050796)

Hi Lynne,

No, the name is just a name of the make of the machine. It is 'spitting' out the waves while you lay on your tummie.I would think it is equal to other machines in the US. They have used the ESWT machines in Europe for a very long time!! About ten years at least!
I have had my pain for about four years, and it seems to be permanent. I find some release with insoles and the Birkenstock sandals. I put my feet in the shoes as I stand up in the morning and I also do some exercises with my foot before I put weight on my legs.

LynneA on 6/15/01 at hrmin (050803)

Hello Eva
There is great comfort to be had from contact with 'fellow sufferers'. Thank you taking the time to reply.I'll ask around in Singapore to see if there is anything similar here. Lynne

Donna SL on 6/16/01 at 18:08 (050866)

Eva,

Thanks so much for the information, and the informative web site address. The clinic seems very interesting. I will be moving to the UK in the future, so I'm very interested in what procedures are available, and where. The cost seems extremely reasonable also, compared to the US fees.

Did a podiatrist supervise, or perform the reflectron treatment?

Please keep us posted on your progress.

Donna

Eva G on 6/17/01 at 20:06 (050919)

Hi Donna,

The clinic in England is specialized in Sports injuries, and there was an ortopedic doctor whom did the treatment on me. I'm booked for my second treatment in beginning of July. I will get back on the meassage board as soon as I am back from my holiday in Europe. Wish me luck,

Eva

Donna SL on 6/18/01 at 02:05 (050931)

Hi Eva,

Thanks again. Hope you have a good holiday, and good luck with the treatments. Maybe the first zap will do the trick. It can sometimes take from 6 to 12 weeks, or more to see results.

Keep us posted.

Donna