Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF THOES NICE PEOPLE ON THE BOARD THAT ARE GETTING ZAPED WITH DR.Z TOMORROW ...

Posted by Laurie R on 6/15/01 at 01:03 (050739)

Hello to all , I just wanted to wish you all good luck with your zap tomorrow with Dr.Z .... I wish I could have gone to meet all of you , but I am with you even though I am not there.... Thinking about you . When you get a chance post and let us know how it went. My very best to you all. Laurie R

Re: GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF THOES NICE PEOPLE ON THE BOARD THAT ARE GETTING ZAPED WITH DR.Z TOMORROW ...

Beverly on 6/15/01 at 15:39 (050776)

If I could break open a bottle of champagne for you, I would! Best luck on zapping. Keep us posted.

Beverly

Re: GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF THOES NICE PEOPLE ON THE BOARD THAT ARE GETTING ZAPED WITH DR.Z TOMORROW ...

john h on 6/16/01 at 14:38 (050844)

just got back from dr z's (15th 2pm little rock)! Nancy N, Judy S, and Beverly were there. Someone got zapped and left before i got there late friday. Dr Z and his wife and staff took us all to dinner friday night and a great time was had by all. Judy had one foot zapped. I had both feet zapped and barb had a small spur removed from her heel (no stitches) but she was on crutches and it was hurting her even though her good nature showed through. neither i nor judy had any shots for the ESWT. mine was again at level l8 and it was absolutely painless. not even the first 10 or so shocks hurt. judy,beverly and nancy are really great people and even nicer than you probably imagine. friends for life! nancy was an observer and hand holder only, for beverly, who will stay in town until sunday. she is going to have to be extra tough to drive back to baltimore and navigate through the airport on crutches. i now understand how beverly created dr lewi. she has a masters in philosophy and except for her disertation has completed her doctorate. she indoctrinated me on st thomas acquanis. i also believe she told me her husband works for a 'think tank'. so lots of brains in that family. judy took lots of pictures which i hope she will share. she also brought all of us and the staff san diego t-shirts. i received a phone call at 2am friday morning that my 5:30am flight was cancelled (wx) and put on an 8am departure. we taxied out at 8:30 and at the end of the runway was informed the plane was broke. we taxied back pulled up to the gate and immediately told it was fixed. got caught in washington/baltimore rush hour traffic in heavy rain but dr z waited for me and judy/beverly/nancy watched on and off as i received my treatment. we all stayed a the luxurious Days Inn. I am tired so will talk later. very very nice people. wish they were my neighbors.

Dr. Zuckerman on 6/16/01 at 15:04 (050846)

Well glad you returned safely . I just got back from checking the heel spur operation that I performed on Dr. Lewi. Dr. Lewi did well even though he wanted to make sure I was doing the operation correctly. The calcification was really the cause of her problem and out it came.

Nancy N on 6/16/01 at 16:00 (050855)

John, you are such a sweetheart--thanks so much for your kind words! I have to say that we had an absolutely spectacular time (which is such an odd thing to say about a doctor visit, but then this whole trip had sort of an odd premise begin with!).

It was Uncle Steve who was zapped before John's arrival, after he treated us all to lunch at McDonald's. All the Zap-ees did very very well. While I wasn't zapped, Dr. Z did check out my feet and my orthotics, which feel great on the bottoms of my feet but have been causing some trouble on the tops. I brought several pairs of shoes with me so we could really check things out. For those of you who haven't met him, Dr. Z is an absolute prince, and his staff are fantastic folks, too. He gave us the run of the office and had only a few non-Heelspurs patients in for the day (and I'm sure they really wondered what was going on!!). He got TexBarb's heelspur out on no time flat (only about fifteen minutes), and she held up extremely well during that process, too. And then we all went out for a lovely dinner.

Anyway, I can safely say that I have never had so much fun at a doctor's office in my life. It was so fantastic to meet all of you at last! I sure hope it won't be the last time. :)

Re: Re:Thanks for sharing a nice time!!!

Tammie on 6/16/01 at 19:50 (050870)

I Think it is great tha tyou all have shared your expierance with us!!! It is nice to think there are wonderful Dr.s somewhere in this big world of ours!!!!With wonderful staff yet to how great, maybe they could start a training service on how to treat the whole patient? What do you think? Sounds so good to hear such nice things from each of you, makes me a little envious hehehe that you had a good dr. and a good time even tho being treated!!!!! I am happy for you all and hope for the best for each of you!!! Will look foward to more postings! Have sweet dreams and rest! Thanks again for sharing !

DeniseA on 6/16/01 at hrmin (050876)

It was so nice meeting all of you! Everyone is even nicer in person!

Denise

john h on 6/17/01 at 12:45 (050900)

i do not know why i put beverly when i meant to put texas barb in my post. guess it was because i justt read beverley's post so when i say beverly i mean barb. some sort of psychological thing going on here.when i arrived at the Days Inn to check in Barb was on the floor on her hands and knees signing in. only a heelspurs person would understand this move. did not seem to phase the other guest.

Re: Confession.....and Dr. HeuyDooieLooywhatever

JudyS on 6/17/01 at 16:37 (050905)

Well OK I confess, I actually DID have a shot of lidocain before the big zap.....but I forced Dr. Z to not disclose that to John h! And, given that I'm part of the weaker sex (it's SO cool that we let them think that...)my setting got to a 16 - not that macho 18 like John. But Dr. Z assured my ego that that was only because John has a thicker fat pad than I do! Bless Dr. Z's heart!
However, practically EVERYONE fell down on the job by not insuring that Dr. HewiLewiwhatever hadn't escaped........he did! No, we didn't actually see him but.....I'm certain he'd gotten out long enough the night before to rig the machine - he knew that I'd be the first zappee (being the first ex-wife and all) and he fixed it so that I'd get an extra-special zap at around the 1000 mark. Boy, was it ever extra-special! Lewi,.....you'd better watch your back! (or your alimony pocket-book!)
John is so right - the Dr. Z staff was truly exceptional - words cannot express how gracious and caring each of them was. Dr. Z himself was quite a treat.....I'd envisioned a little, old, dottering, german-accented sweetie but was I ever off the mark! He's none of those! Well OK, the staff did say he dotters now and then....
Frankly, after experiencing his incredible graciousness, sparkling eyes and charming wit, I wanted to get right to the boards and shout to every single reader that this man is a true gem.....meeting him and his staff really cemented that for me and I hope anyone who might ever have considered being critical of him will trust us on this one - he was remarkable (except for that faulty lock on the celler door....).

Nancy N on 6/17/01 at 17:43 (050909)

I'd like to ditto what Judy said, but I believe it should be noted that she didn't have a full lidocaine block, and in fact Dr. Z said it was such a small amount that it hardly counted.

I just checked in with TexBarb, who told me that Dr. Z not only stopped by to check on her again today, but he brought his wife along and spent some time just visiting. If that wasn't enough, he also packed her car for her! Dr. Z, I really think you should teach classes on the lost arts of medicine--compassion, care, listening, and just being a good human being. You certainly are qualified to teach them. I've certainly never met any doctor who would have done more than hold a door open for me, and doubt some of them would even go that far.

john h on 6/18/01 at 09:53 (050940)

dr zuckerman is a doctor of very special qualities. i have never met one like him. he is truly interested in helping his patients and has spent more time with me than all the doctors combined i have seen in the last 10
years. i thought i was at a party rather than a doctors office. i did not even notice that i was being treated with ESWT while busily talking to dr z,judy,barb, and nancy. i hope dr z did not get mad at me when i put my arm around his lovely wife and the lovely denise at dinner. old military pilots just cannot help themseves dr Z.

JudyS on 6/18/01 at 10:01 (050942)

the rest of us poor, neglected girls got mad at you.....:)

Re: VEEEEEEEEEEEERy Interesting!

Steve P on 6/18/01 at 10:58 (050945)

Remember the guy on Laugh In who used to say 'Veeeeeeery Interesting......but stupid!' with a German accent? (Was that Artie Johnson? Can't remember for sure)

Anyway, before I met Dr. Z I was somehow expecting that kind of personality! Sort of like a German mad scientist or something.

???? I don't know if this makes any sense to you, Judy, or to anyone else!

:>)

Your crazy uncle

DeniseA on 6/18/01 at hrmin (050958)

Hi John! I got your email this morning and I accidently deleted it so I didn't have your address to respond. I'm sorry about that. (Blonde, what do you do?)

Anyway it was very nice meeting you as well. All the women out there would be jealous that I got to sit at dinner next to you and bend your ear for hours.

Take care,

Denise

john h on 6/18/01 at 17:00 (050977)

i do remember artie on the little bike on which he always turned over.
by the way steve we had a singing chef at dinner with dr z. did you have one a macdonalds?

wendyn on 6/18/01 at 22:43 (051009)

Was that Tim Conway>?

DeniseA on 6/18/01 at hrmin (051010)

Hey! Wasn't the singing chef great? It was so impressive how he just went with it when we asked. He sold a lot of seafood!

They didn't have a singing chef at McDonalds but we got to play on the tubes and slides. You missed out my friend.

Denise

john h on 6/19/01 at 09:14 (051019)

wendy: now you have me rethinking and i do believe your memory is correct. i have a picture of tim conway,ronald & nancy regan,henry kissinger, and the guy that played barney miller who were all staying at my hotel in hawaii in 1968. my wife had a few words with henry kissinger. regan was still governor at the time so you could walk right up to him and say hello. conway was not a very frienly sort. kissinger was a very nice guy and barney miller is just like he was on tv--funny,friendly.

Nancy N on 6/19/01 at 12:28 (051027)

John, is there anyone you _haven't_ met??!

JudyS on 6/19/01 at 14:20 (051033)

I have a photo of the singing waiter.......AND one of Denise in a precarious position on the MickeyD slide......(how much money do you have, Denise? :) )

john h on 6/19/01 at 16:54 (051040)

nancy i am going to send you a picture of the gipper and his wife and tim conway. since henry kissinger was the only one in the room i decided not to look like an idot and take a picture of him.

Nancy N on 6/19/01 at 17:21 (051042)

OK! BTW, my mom met Reagan back in the 60s sometime (when he was governor)--she worked in the National Press Building in DC and had him autograph a report she was taking to another building (apparently the last page was blank, so she went back to the office and replaced it before delivering the report). She met Hubert Humphrey while she lived in DC, too.

Nancy S. on 6/19/01 at 20:44 (051052)

Well then, I smoked dope with Mia Farrow's sister Tisa in New York City in 1968.

Laurei R on 6/19/01 at 20:52 (051054)

You go Nancy !!!!!!!! You are to cute ... Tell us more.... Love ya ,Laurie R

wendyn on 6/19/01 at 22:21 (051059)

1968? That's the year I was born!

Nancy S. on 6/19/01 at 22:41 (051061)

Gee, I'm so glad you pointed that out, Wendy. Of course, I forgot to mention that I was only two years old in 1968 -- just very precocious.
Ok, at Laurie's request, here's another: I bumped into Jackie O and Caroline while crossing Cambridge Common near Harvard in, oh let's see, about 1978. They were arguing. I didn't join in.

Laurie R on 6/20/01 at 00:41 (051073)

Nancy ,please tell us more. I was 6 in 68 ....Laurie R

Nancy S. on 6/20/01 at 07:46 (051083)

Ok, but I don't think any of the people I'm writing about had ESWT, so I'm trekking on over to the social board. There I will record more tales from my life-before-I-became-a-hermit-in-Maine.

john h on 6/20/01 at 09:26 (051103)

in 68 i was flying over Laos and Vietnam and listening to Three Dog Night,The Temptations and the Rascals. I could still dance and run (real fast). I also drove a Volkeswagen but never wore a Leisure Suit. Judy was probably demonstrating and throwing rocks in california while wearing beads,long dresses, and grandma shoes along with the rest of the high school crowd.

john h on 6/20/01 at 09:30 (051104)

yes Nancy i have not met Laurie,Wendy,Scott,Yoko although i may have seen Wendy on my way to the Northwest Territory,Alaska, or Iceland.

DeniseA on 6/20/01 at hrmin (051150)

Hey! You promised you wouldn't use any pictures against me! I guess I should look at the picture and then decide how much money I have.

Denise

JudyS on 6/22/01 at 11:10 (051253)

Wow - you're doing well, Nancy......I can't REMEMBER who I smoked dope with in 1968!

JudyS on 6/22/01 at 11:18 (051254)

That's such a shame, Wendy - you missed out on a lot of cool happenin's! :)

john h on 6/25/01 at 09:37 (051466)

the closest thing i did to smoking dope was smoking corn silk when i was 8 or 9. Maybe corn silk should make a comeback.

Beverly on 6/15/01 at 15:39 (050776)

If I could break open a bottle of champagne for you, I would! Best luck on zapping. Keep us posted.

Beverly

john h on 6/16/01 at 14:38 (050844)

just got back from dr z's (15th 2pm little rock)! Nancy N, Judy S, and Beverly were there. Someone got zapped and left before i got there late friday. Dr Z and his wife and staff took us all to dinner friday night and a great time was had by all. Judy had one foot zapped. I had both feet zapped and barb had a small spur removed from her heel (no stitches) but she was on crutches and it was hurting her even though her good nature showed through. neither i nor judy had any shots for the ESWT. mine was again at level l8 and it was absolutely painless. not even the first 10 or so shocks hurt. judy,beverly and nancy are really great people and even nicer than you probably imagine. friends for life! nancy was an observer and hand holder only, for beverly, who will stay in town until sunday. she is going to have to be extra tough to drive back to baltimore and navigate through the airport on crutches. i now understand how beverly created dr lewi. she has a masters in philosophy and except for her disertation has completed her doctorate. she indoctrinated me on st thomas acquanis. i also believe she told me her husband works for a 'think tank'. so lots of brains in that family. judy took lots of pictures which i hope she will share. she also brought all of us and the staff san diego t-shirts. i received a phone call at 2am friday morning that my 5:30am flight was cancelled (wx) and put on an 8am departure. we taxied out at 8:30 and at the end of the runway was informed the plane was broke. we taxied back pulled up to the gate and immediately told it was fixed. got caught in washington/baltimore rush hour traffic in heavy rain but dr z waited for me and judy/beverly/nancy watched on and off as i received my treatment. we all stayed a the luxurious Days Inn. I am tired so will talk later. very very nice people. wish they were my neighbors.

Dr. Zuckerman on 6/16/01 at 15:04 (050846)

Well glad you returned safely . I just got back from checking the heel spur operation that I performed on Dr. Lewi. Dr. Lewi did well even though he wanted to make sure I was doing the operation correctly. The calcification was really the cause of her problem and out it came.

Nancy N on 6/16/01 at 16:00 (050855)

John, you are such a sweetheart--thanks so much for your kind words! I have to say that we had an absolutely spectacular time (which is such an odd thing to say about a doctor visit, but then this whole trip had sort of an odd premise begin with!).

It was Uncle Steve who was zapped before John's arrival, after he treated us all to lunch at McDonald's. All the Zap-ees did very very well. While I wasn't zapped, Dr. Z did check out my feet and my orthotics, which feel great on the bottoms of my feet but have been causing some trouble on the tops. I brought several pairs of shoes with me so we could really check things out. For those of you who haven't met him, Dr. Z is an absolute prince, and his staff are fantastic folks, too. He gave us the run of the office and had only a few non-Heelspurs patients in for the day (and I'm sure they really wondered what was going on!!). He got TexBarb's heelspur out on no time flat (only about fifteen minutes), and she held up extremely well during that process, too. And then we all went out for a lovely dinner.

Anyway, I can safely say that I have never had so much fun at a doctor's office in my life. It was so fantastic to meet all of you at last! I sure hope it won't be the last time. :)

Re: Re:Thanks for sharing a nice time!!!

Tammie on 6/16/01 at 19:50 (050870)

I Think it is great tha tyou all have shared your expierance with us!!! It is nice to think there are wonderful Dr.s somewhere in this big world of ours!!!!With wonderful staff yet to how great, maybe they could start a training service on how to treat the whole patient? What do you think? Sounds so good to hear such nice things from each of you, makes me a little envious hehehe that you had a good dr. and a good time even tho being treated!!!!! I am happy for you all and hope for the best for each of you!!! Will look foward to more postings! Have sweet dreams and rest! Thanks again for sharing !

DeniseA on 6/16/01 at hrmin (050876)

It was so nice meeting all of you! Everyone is even nicer in person!

Denise

john h on 6/17/01 at 12:45 (050900)

i do not know why i put beverly when i meant to put texas barb in my post. guess it was because i justt read beverley's post so when i say beverly i mean barb. some sort of psychological thing going on here.when i arrived at the Days Inn to check in Barb was on the floor on her hands and knees signing in. only a heelspurs person would understand this move. did not seem to phase the other guest.

JudyS on 6/17/01 at 16:37 (050905)

Well OK I confess, I actually DID have a shot of lidocain before the big zap.....but I forced Dr. Z to not disclose that to John h! And, given that I'm part of the weaker sex (it's SO cool that we let them think that...)my setting got to a 16 - not that macho 18 like John. But Dr. Z assured my ego that that was only because John has a thicker fat pad than I do! Bless Dr. Z's heart!
However, practically EVERYONE fell down on the job by not insuring that Dr. HewiLewiwhatever hadn't escaped........he did! No, we didn't actually see him but.....I'm certain he'd gotten out long enough the night before to rig the machine - he knew that I'd be the first zappee (being the first ex-wife and all) and he fixed it so that I'd get an extra-special zap at around the 1000 mark. Boy, was it ever extra-special! Lewi,.....you'd better watch your back! (or your alimony pocket-book!)
John is so right - the Dr. Z staff was truly exceptional - words cannot express how gracious and caring each of them was. Dr. Z himself was quite a treat.....I'd envisioned a little, old, dottering, german-accented sweetie but was I ever off the mark! He's none of those! Well OK, the staff did say he dotters now and then....
Frankly, after experiencing his incredible graciousness, sparkling eyes and charming wit, I wanted to get right to the boards and shout to every single reader that this man is a true gem.....meeting him and his staff really cemented that for me and I hope anyone who might ever have considered being critical of him will trust us on this one - he was remarkable (except for that faulty lock on the celler door....).

Nancy N on 6/17/01 at 17:43 (050909)

I'd like to ditto what Judy said, but I believe it should be noted that she didn't have a full lidocaine block, and in fact Dr. Z said it was such a small amount that it hardly counted.

I just checked in with TexBarb, who told me that Dr. Z not only stopped by to check on her again today, but he brought his wife along and spent some time just visiting. If that wasn't enough, he also packed her car for her! Dr. Z, I really think you should teach classes on the lost arts of medicine--compassion, care, listening, and just being a good human being. You certainly are qualified to teach them. I've certainly never met any doctor who would have done more than hold a door open for me, and doubt some of them would even go that far.

john h on 6/18/01 at 09:53 (050940)

dr zuckerman is a doctor of very special qualities. i have never met one like him. he is truly interested in helping his patients and has spent more time with me than all the doctors combined i have seen in the last 10
years. i thought i was at a party rather than a doctors office. i did not even notice that i was being treated with ESWT while busily talking to dr z,judy,barb, and nancy. i hope dr z did not get mad at me when i put my arm around his lovely wife and the lovely denise at dinner. old military pilots just cannot help themseves dr Z.

JudyS on 6/18/01 at 10:01 (050942)

the rest of us poor, neglected girls got mad at you.....:)

Steve P on 6/18/01 at 10:58 (050945)

Remember the guy on Laugh In who used to say 'Veeeeeeery Interesting......but stupid!' with a German accent? (Was that Artie Johnson? Can't remember for sure)

Anyway, before I met Dr. Z I was somehow expecting that kind of personality! Sort of like a German mad scientist or something.

???? I don't know if this makes any sense to you, Judy, or to anyone else!

:>)

Your crazy uncle

DeniseA on 6/18/01 at hrmin (050958)

Hi John! I got your email this morning and I accidently deleted it so I didn't have your address to respond. I'm sorry about that. (Blonde, what do you do?)

Anyway it was very nice meeting you as well. All the women out there would be jealous that I got to sit at dinner next to you and bend your ear for hours.

Take care,

Denise

john h on 6/18/01 at 17:00 (050977)

i do remember artie on the little bike on which he always turned over.
by the way steve we had a singing chef at dinner with dr z. did you have one a macdonalds?

wendyn on 6/18/01 at 22:43 (051009)

Was that Tim Conway>?

DeniseA on 6/18/01 at hrmin (051010)

Hey! Wasn't the singing chef great? It was so impressive how he just went with it when we asked. He sold a lot of seafood!

They didn't have a singing chef at McDonalds but we got to play on the tubes and slides. You missed out my friend.

Denise

john h on 6/19/01 at 09:14 (051019)

wendy: now you have me rethinking and i do believe your memory is correct. i have a picture of tim conway,ronald & nancy regan,henry kissinger, and the guy that played barney miller who were all staying at my hotel in hawaii in 1968. my wife had a few words with henry kissinger. regan was still governor at the time so you could walk right up to him and say hello. conway was not a very frienly sort. kissinger was a very nice guy and barney miller is just like he was on tv--funny,friendly.

Nancy N on 6/19/01 at 12:28 (051027)

John, is there anyone you _haven't_ met??!

JudyS on 6/19/01 at 14:20 (051033)

I have a photo of the singing waiter.......AND one of Denise in a precarious position on the MickeyD slide......(how much money do you have, Denise? :) )

john h on 6/19/01 at 16:54 (051040)

nancy i am going to send you a picture of the gipper and his wife and tim conway. since henry kissinger was the only one in the room i decided not to look like an idot and take a picture of him.

Nancy N on 6/19/01 at 17:21 (051042)

OK! BTW, my mom met Reagan back in the 60s sometime (when he was governor)--she worked in the National Press Building in DC and had him autograph a report she was taking to another building (apparently the last page was blank, so she went back to the office and replaced it before delivering the report). She met Hubert Humphrey while she lived in DC, too.

Nancy S. on 6/19/01 at 20:44 (051052)

Well then, I smoked dope with Mia Farrow's sister Tisa in New York City in 1968.

Laurei R on 6/19/01 at 20:52 (051054)

You go Nancy !!!!!!!! You are to cute ... Tell us more.... Love ya ,Laurie R

wendyn on 6/19/01 at 22:21 (051059)

1968? That's the year I was born!

Nancy S. on 6/19/01 at 22:41 (051061)

Gee, I'm so glad you pointed that out, Wendy. Of course, I forgot to mention that I was only two years old in 1968 -- just very precocious.
Ok, at Laurie's request, here's another: I bumped into Jackie O and Caroline while crossing Cambridge Common near Harvard in, oh let's see, about 1978. They were arguing. I didn't join in.

Laurie R on 6/20/01 at 00:41 (051073)

Nancy ,please tell us more. I was 6 in 68 ....Laurie R

Nancy S. on 6/20/01 at 07:46 (051083)

Ok, but I don't think any of the people I'm writing about had ESWT, so I'm trekking on over to the social board. There I will record more tales from my life-before-I-became-a-hermit-in-Maine.

john h on 6/20/01 at 09:26 (051103)

in 68 i was flying over Laos and Vietnam and listening to Three Dog Night,The Temptations and the Rascals. I could still dance and run (real fast). I also drove a Volkeswagen but never wore a Leisure Suit. Judy was probably demonstrating and throwing rocks in california while wearing beads,long dresses, and grandma shoes along with the rest of the high school crowd.

john h on 6/20/01 at 09:30 (051104)

yes Nancy i have not met Laurie,Wendy,Scott,Yoko although i may have seen Wendy on my way to the Northwest Territory,Alaska, or Iceland.

DeniseA on 6/20/01 at hrmin (051150)

Hey! You promised you wouldn't use any pictures against me! I guess I should look at the picture and then decide how much money I have.

Denise

JudyS on 6/22/01 at 11:10 (051253)

Wow - you're doing well, Nancy......I can't REMEMBER who I smoked dope with in 1968!

JudyS on 6/22/01 at 11:18 (051254)

That's such a shame, Wendy - you missed out on a lot of cool happenin's! :)

john h on 6/25/01 at 09:37 (051466)

the closest thing i did to smoking dope was smoking corn silk when i was 8 or 9. Maybe corn silk should make a comeback.