Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Partial Plantar Fasciectomy

Posted by Joyce L on 6/15/01 at hrmin (050770)

Surgery has been recommended - Partial plantar Fasciectomy. My feet do NOT hurt but I DO have a knot in my arch which is getting larger. Are there alternatives to surgery for the condition: plantar fasciitis?

Re: Partial Plantar Fasciectomy

Dr. Zuckerman on 6/16/01 at 08:47 (050823)

Hi,

Avoid the partial plantar release for your specific problem. I see many problem and additional pain when a partial plantar fasciotomy is done for other condition when it is very specific for heel spur Syndrome which is the only conditon a PPF should be considered.

No pain then no surgery !!!

CAll try either steriod injection or Scerotic injections for possible reduciton in size.

Joyce L. on 6/19/01 at hrmin (051020)

Thank You for your quick response.
I need to mention that I have a knot in the arch on both of my feet with the right foot being the largest. In addition to your recommendation I have these questions:
* What could be the cause?
* Are specific shoes recommended?

Dr. Zuckerman on 6/19/01 at 23:43 (051068)

Could be a plantar fibroma. Would be very difficult without any examination to tell you what it is. I do know that if it isn't painful and your doctor has examined you and determine that is is within the plantar fascia and a mri is very normal then avoid the surgery. SAS shoes are very supportive.

Joyce on 7/06/01 at hrmin (052365)

Dr. Zuckerman,
Would you recommend a doctor in a field other than podiatry? The knots or growths in each of my arches have gotten larger in the last 2 months. Thank you for your time.

Dr. Zuckerman on 6/16/01 at 08:47 (050823)

Hi,

Avoid the partial plantar release for your specific problem. I see many problem and additional pain when a partial plantar fasciotomy is done for other condition when it is very specific for heel spur Syndrome which is the only conditon a PPF should be considered.

No pain then no surgery !!!

CAll try either steriod injection or Scerotic injections for possible reduciton in size.

Joyce L. on 6/19/01 at hrmin (051020)

Thank You for your quick response.
I need to mention that I have a knot in the arch on both of my feet with the right foot being the largest. In addition to your recommendation I have these questions:
* What could be the cause?
* Are specific shoes recommended?

Dr. Zuckerman on 6/19/01 at 23:43 (051068)

Could be a plantar fibroma. Would be very difficult without any examination to tell you what it is. I do know that if it isn't painful and your doctor has examined you and determine that is is within the plantar fascia and a mri is very normal then avoid the surgery. SAS shoes are very supportive.

Joyce on 7/06/01 at hrmin (052365)

Dr. Zuckerman,
Would you recommend a doctor in a field other than podiatry? The knots or growths in each of my arches have gotten larger in the last 2 months. Thank you for your time.