Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

heel spur

Posted by eleanor l on 6/16/01 at 13:33 (050840)

how effective does the cortison shot prove to be in most cases?

Re: heel spur

Dr. Biehler on 6/16/01 at 14:06 (050842)

It all depends on the diagnosis and the person. If it is plantar fasciitis and if it developed from an over use injury, sometimes all that is needed is one shot to reduce the inflamation to let the area heal. Dr. B.

marni on 6/18/01 at 13:12 (050959)

Some say it helps, some say it doesn't. I have plantar fasciitis, and received a cortisone shot in my heel - it hurt like the heck the first day or so after, but haven't had much pain at all since....could be the physical therapy I've received afterwards too.

Dr. Biehler on 6/16/01 at 14:06 (050842)

It all depends on the diagnosis and the person. If it is plantar fasciitis and if it developed from an over use injury, sometimes all that is needed is one shot to reduce the inflamation to let the area heal. Dr. B.

marni on 6/18/01 at 13:12 (050959)

Some say it helps, some say it doesn't. I have plantar fasciitis, and received a cortisone shot in my heel - it hurt like the heck the first day or so after, but haven't had much pain at all since....could be the physical therapy I've received afterwards too.