Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

PF

Posted by Cornholio on 6/17/01 at 00:37 (050884)

I have had PF for over a year and half now and just 5 days ago I received a cortisone injection into the heel. For the first few days it felt awesome and I could walk without taking any medications. Today I woke up with alot of pain and discomfort. I have orthotics, I stretch, I ice, I have a night splint. What else can I do? I can't enjoy my life anymore. It has taken over my life. I take doses of Voltaran Rapide which only takes away about half of the pain and discomfort. Are there any other medications I should ask my doctor for that would work better? I'm only 17 years old and I feel like my life is over! Please suggest something I can do!!

Re: PF

Tiny Grasshopper on 6/17/01 at 03:04 (050886)

Stay strong!

Re: Encouragement

Mary S. on 6/18/01 at 12:06 (050948)

Your life is far from over--it just seems that way because you are so overwhelmed with your foot condition. Just remember that no situation is hopeless. There is a solution for the problem--sometimes it takes time finding it.
In my opinion, you need a recent full set of x-rays and a good orthopedist who deals only with feet and ankles to evaluate your situation.
Think positive!! You have great and wonderful times to come!! 'This too shall pass'!!!!!

Re: PF

Tiny Grasshopper on 6/17/01 at 03:04 (050886)

Stay strong!

Re: Encouragement

Mary S. on 6/18/01 at 12:06 (050948)

Your life is far from over--it just seems that way because you are so overwhelmed with your foot condition. Just remember that no situation is hopeless. There is a solution for the problem--sometimes it takes time finding it.
In my opinion, you need a recent full set of x-rays and a good orthopedist who deals only with feet and ankles to evaluate your situation.
Think positive!! You have great and wonderful times to come!! 'This too shall pass'!!!!!