Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Phase 4 Orthotics

Posted by Dennis on 6/17/01 at hrmin (050893)

I would like to hear the opinion or experiences of anyone with heel pain (plantar fascitis) who has purchased/used this product. It is being heavily advertised here in NYC.

Re: Phase 4 Orthotics/Alzner's

Nancy N on 6/17/01 at 12:02 (050897)

Dennis--

I've seen the ads for these, too, just recently. They look exactly like the Alzner's (not sure if I'm spelling that right) and are marketed in almost exactly the same way. I think some people on the board have experience with the Alzners, not all that positive if I correctly recall. Hopefully some others will post and give you more specific info.

bg cped on 6/17/01 at 18:41 (050916)

They are the same. They are worth about $29 tops. They have a few snake oil carnivaql types selling them at expo and flea markets for about $200. They are pre made but the present them as 'custom made' They are okay for a prefab, work ok in dress shoes. They have no rear foot control to speak of.

Dennis on 6/19/01 at 10:49 (051023)

The Alznner's are also advertised in NYC. I went to their store and found the product to be VERY DIFFERENT then advertised. I personally feel their advertising campaign is EXTREMELY deceptive. The insert the showed me was nothing more then a thin piece of curved leather - for the advertised $59.95. It looked NOTHING like the advertised oethotic. What a ripoff it was a piece of garbage (at best). Then they showed me the 'Alznner' from the ad - for a mere $250 dollars. For that much I could get a custom orthotic. But I agree with your other comment the $20 phase 4 does look amazingly similar to the $250 Alznner.

Richard, C.Ped on 6/19/01 at 13:10 (051030)

Welcome to the deceptive world of over the counter 'orthotics'.
Richard

Re: Phase 4 Orthotics

Carl on 6/20/01 at 07:03 (051080)

Most so called over-the-counter orthotics are not (orthotics) at all. They offer little if any stability, support or control. The only decent OTC orthotics I have tried are Ortho-Dynamics' line. They are reasonably priced, well made and provide good arch support, control and shock absorption. I believe the company also offers modifications to their pre-molded devices if an individual requires additional correction.

Nancy N on 6/17/01 at 12:02 (050897)

Dennis--

I've seen the ads for these, too, just recently. They look exactly like the Alzner's (not sure if I'm spelling that right) and are marketed in almost exactly the same way. I think some people on the board have experience with the Alzners, not all that positive if I correctly recall. Hopefully some others will post and give you more specific info.

bg cped on 6/17/01 at 18:41 (050916)

They are the same. They are worth about $29 tops. They have a few snake oil carnivaql types selling them at expo and flea markets for about $200. They are pre made but the present them as 'custom made' They are okay for a prefab, work ok in dress shoes. They have no rear foot control to speak of.

Dennis on 6/19/01 at 10:49 (051023)

The Alznner's are also advertised in NYC. I went to their store and found the product to be VERY DIFFERENT then advertised. I personally feel their advertising campaign is EXTREMELY deceptive. The insert the showed me was nothing more then a thin piece of curved leather - for the advertised $59.95. It looked NOTHING like the advertised oethotic. What a ripoff it was a piece of garbage (at best). Then they showed me the 'Alznner' from the ad - for a mere $250 dollars. For that much I could get a custom orthotic. But I agree with your other comment the $20 phase 4 does look amazingly similar to the $250 Alznner.

Richard, C.Ped on 6/19/01 at 13:10 (051030)

Welcome to the deceptive world of over the counter 'orthotics'.
Richard

Re: Phase 4 Orthotics

Carl on 6/20/01 at 07:03 (051080)

Most so called over-the-counter orthotics are not (orthotics) at all. They offer little if any stability, support or control. The only decent OTC orthotics I have tried are Ortho-Dynamics' line. They are reasonably priced, well made and provide good arch support, control and shock absorption. I believe the company also offers modifications to their pre-molded devices if an individual requires additional correction.