Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Vioxx side-effects

Posted by T.Hurst on 6/17/01 at 18:08 (050912)

I'm almost 1 yr post-op bilateral epf. About 4 months ago I began getting back into soccer. About 2 months ago, I started on Vioxx to ease this transition. It's been great - I feel 100% (quite an accomplishment bordering on a miracle after all I've been through!). But for the past week I have felt nauseous, like I want to puke but can't. I've also been sleeping a lot more than normal. I don't feel up to exercising, but don't feel any cold symptoms. I thought it was job stress, but now I'm wondering if it's the Vioxx. I am not going to be able to reach my doc this week, as I'm traveling - should I stop taking it right away or wait a week until I can talk to him?

Re: Vioxx side-effects

Dr. Zuckerman on 6/17/01 at 18:22 (050913)

Hi,

Sure could be the vioxx. Stop it and see how you do . Vioxx get and will cause GI upset. Make sure that you see your doc or at least call and report the vioxx. Yes this could be the flu but still stop the vioxx to be on the safe side.

Vioxx is very good medication but it will cause these kinds of symtoms

Dee H on 6/24/01 at 07:24 (051393)

I started on Vioxx & gained 8 lbs in 3 days!!! After a week, I stopped taking it & all the excess weight disappeared within 4 days. Thank goodness.

Dr. Zuckerman on 6/17/01 at 18:22 (050913)

Hi,

Sure could be the vioxx. Stop it and see how you do . Vioxx get and will cause GI upset. Make sure that you see your doc or at least call and report the vioxx. Yes this could be the flu but still stop the vioxx to be on the safe side.

Vioxx is very good medication but it will cause these kinds of symtoms

Dee H on 6/24/01 at 07:24 (051393)

I started on Vioxx & gained 8 lbs in 3 days!!! After a week, I stopped taking it & all the excess weight disappeared within 4 days. Thank goodness.