Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Bicycling

Posted by JudyS on 6/17/01 at 18:29 (050915)

Dr. Z - is it OK to bike-ride immediately post-ESWT?

Re: Bicycling

Dr. Zuckerman on 6/17/01 at 19:10 (050917)

Yes, but no major yard work. Glad you back home and safe.

john h on 6/18/01 at 09:59 (050941)

no major yard work? the first thing i did when i got home was mow and edge my yard. i will ride the bike tomorrow. Judy-stationary bike or one that moves? my feet today are better than before treatment but it may be because of all the fun i had so i will refrain from making any declarations. pain level 1.5 this morning. i cannot believe you all pulled a fast one on me and led me to believe that judy had no shots. you were my 1st base ball playing hero who is supposed to be tough! you wimped out. i of course wore sock with my birks after posting a diatribe against people wearing socks with birks.

Re: strength of eswt

Scott R on 6/18/01 at 11:56 (050946)

John,
Did your leg bones vibrate when you were getting zapped? Mine did with the ossatron. I'm trying to figure out how that much energy can be applied without pain. I even tried the sonocur at the otrho meeting and that weaker device could have easily been turned up above my pain tolerance.

Dr. Zuckerman on 6/18/01 at 12:04 (050947)

Not sure about the ossatron but with low energy ability and the ability to increase the power slowly it is possible.

john h on 6/18/01 at 12:26 (050954)

scott: good question. no my leg bones did not vibrate. every now and then one jolt would be significantly higher than another. i would like to have a few shocks with the ossatron to compare the two. i think i could have managed a 22 level and should have had him crank it up just to see. i could certainly feel it in my heel bone. judy may have felt it in her leg bone. we need her to post up (basketball term).

JudyS on 6/18/01 at 13:30 (050961)

No, I didn't feel it 'up my leg bone'. Other than the insertion spot, I felt it only alongside my Achilles. I could've handled a 22 also but it was more important to make sure that John felt good about himself...:)

JudyS on 6/18/01 at 13:37 (050964)

no major yardwork? oops.....

Both types, John. The stationary when I'm too lazy to get up early enough to bike on streets that have no traffic...
No sweetie, I didn't wimp out. I just wanted to play the weaker sex so that you'd feel big and strong....:) And I didn't wear sox with MY Birks!

Can I still be your hero if I tell you that I once played a baseball game with a torn ACL? I'd just torn it skiing and had a brace on it....but one Sunday my team was short a player so I 'stepped' in.
But hey - here's what's REALLY heroic.....I'm in the process of helping my son unpack from returning from college.......ewwww!

john h on 6/18/01 at 17:14 (050980)

judy you certaily qualify as my hero just by playing baseball with your foot. my foot is at a pain level of 1 today which is as good as it gets. i am probably still on some sort of emotional high from the trip which really only lasted less than 24 hours. sure a lot of activity packed into that amount of time. ESWT,surgery,dinner party.socializing at dr z's office, getting barbs meds and foot bath at the drugstore, and driving all around woodbury and staying at the award winning days inn.

john h on 6/18/01 at 17:20 (050981)

scott it has been my experience in life that often if you expect something to hurt it will hurt. when someone posted that ESWT without shots did not hurt i believed it and it did not hurt at all. last year i had a series of shots in my back which by all accounts were supposed to be extremely painful (discogram,facet injections). i found them to not be bad at all. same with shot into fascia. i certainly do not qualify as a tough guy when it comes to pain but expectations can become reality. i really would like to have about 10 shockwaves with the ossatron to see how that feels compared to the orbasone.

john h on 6/18/01 at 17:21 (050982)

judy you are 'still da woman'! i came away feeling like the manly man!

JudyS on 6/18/01 at 20:37 (051004)

Now John, be nice.....after all, I DID get ya'll to the restaurant and back again, now didn't I? We just got to see more of Woodbury then we'd intended to!

Dr. Zuckerman on 6/19/01 at 18:55 (051045)

How did you guys get lost?. I even stood out front looking for you. You skipped right past Dr. Z and went into the back. You see I figured that all I had to give John was the latitude of the place and he would somehow fly you there.

john h on 6/19/01 at 19:09 (051049)

judy was the pilot and barb the copilot. i just sat in back enjoying myself.

Re: in a word.....traffic circles! EOM

JudyS on 6/22/01 at 10:59 (051249)

:)

JudyS on 6/22/01 at 11:00 (051250)

and besides, there are no traffic circles in the wild blue yonder so John would have been at a loss anyway....

john h on 6/22/01 at 13:09 (051266)

actually there are more traffic circles in the sky than on earth. they call them holding patterns and approaches. i just liked the idea of sitting in the back seat and not having to think about how to get there. as you know us men NEVER ask for directions.

Dr. Zuckerman on 6/17/01 at 19:10 (050917)

Yes, but no major yard work. Glad you back home and safe.

john h on 6/18/01 at 09:59 (050941)

no major yard work? the first thing i did when i got home was mow and edge my yard. i will ride the bike tomorrow. Judy-stationary bike or one that moves? my feet today are better than before treatment but it may be because of all the fun i had so i will refrain from making any declarations. pain level 1.5 this morning. i cannot believe you all pulled a fast one on me and led me to believe that judy had no shots. you were my 1st base ball playing hero who is supposed to be tough! you wimped out. i of course wore sock with my birks after posting a diatribe against people wearing socks with birks.

Scott R on 6/18/01 at 11:56 (050946)

John,
Did your leg bones vibrate when you were getting zapped? Mine did with the ossatron. I'm trying to figure out how that much energy can be applied without pain. I even tried the sonocur at the otrho meeting and that weaker device could have easily been turned up above my pain tolerance.

Dr. Zuckerman on 6/18/01 at 12:04 (050947)

Not sure about the ossatron but with low energy ability and the ability to increase the power slowly it is possible.

john h on 6/18/01 at 12:26 (050954)

scott: good question. no my leg bones did not vibrate. every now and then one jolt would be significantly higher than another. i would like to have a few shocks with the ossatron to compare the two. i think i could have managed a 22 level and should have had him crank it up just to see. i could certainly feel it in my heel bone. judy may have felt it in her leg bone. we need her to post up (basketball term).

JudyS on 6/18/01 at 13:30 (050961)

No, I didn't feel it 'up my leg bone'. Other than the insertion spot, I felt it only alongside my Achilles. I could've handled a 22 also but it was more important to make sure that John felt good about himself...:)

JudyS on 6/18/01 at 13:37 (050964)

no major yardwork? oops.....

Both types, John. The stationary when I'm too lazy to get up early enough to bike on streets that have no traffic...
No sweetie, I didn't wimp out. I just wanted to play the weaker sex so that you'd feel big and strong....:) And I didn't wear sox with MY Birks!

Can I still be your hero if I tell you that I once played a baseball game with a torn ACL? I'd just torn it skiing and had a brace on it....but one Sunday my team was short a player so I 'stepped' in.
But hey - here's what's REALLY heroic.....I'm in the process of helping my son unpack from returning from college.......ewwww!

john h on 6/18/01 at 17:14 (050980)

judy you certaily qualify as my hero just by playing baseball with your foot. my foot is at a pain level of 1 today which is as good as it gets. i am probably still on some sort of emotional high from the trip which really only lasted less than 24 hours. sure a lot of activity packed into that amount of time. ESWT,surgery,dinner party.socializing at dr z's office, getting barbs meds and foot bath at the drugstore, and driving all around woodbury and staying at the award winning days inn.

john h on 6/18/01 at 17:20 (050981)

scott it has been my experience in life that often if you expect something to hurt it will hurt. when someone posted that ESWT without shots did not hurt i believed it and it did not hurt at all. last year i had a series of shots in my back which by all accounts were supposed to be extremely painful (discogram,facet injections). i found them to not be bad at all. same with shot into fascia. i certainly do not qualify as a tough guy when it comes to pain but expectations can become reality. i really would like to have about 10 shockwaves with the ossatron to see how that feels compared to the orbasone.

john h on 6/18/01 at 17:21 (050982)

judy you are 'still da woman'! i came away feeling like the manly man!

JudyS on 6/18/01 at 20:37 (051004)

Now John, be nice.....after all, I DID get ya'll to the restaurant and back again, now didn't I? We just got to see more of Woodbury then we'd intended to!

Dr. Zuckerman on 6/19/01 at 18:55 (051045)

How did you guys get lost?. I even stood out front looking for you. You skipped right past Dr. Z and went into the back. You see I figured that all I had to give John was the latitude of the place and he would somehow fly you there.

john h on 6/19/01 at 19:09 (051049)

judy was the pilot and barb the copilot. i just sat in back enjoying myself.

Re: in a word.....traffic circles! EOM

JudyS on 6/22/01 at 10:59 (051249)

:)

JudyS on 6/22/01 at 11:00 (051250)

and besides, there are no traffic circles in the wild blue yonder so John would have been at a loss anyway....

john h on 6/22/01 at 13:09 (051266)

actually there are more traffic circles in the sky than on earth. they call them holding patterns and approaches. i just liked the idea of sitting in the back seat and not having to think about how to get there. as you know us men NEVER ask for directions.