Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Shoe queen finds another gem: Dr. Zen shoe

Posted by Beverly on 6/18/01 at 18:01 (050991)

Hi gang,

Now that I've got promising orthodics, I can't let lack of comfty shoes get in the way of wearing them. I'm getting very tired of lacing up my sneakers everytime I get up from the recliner and keep getting tempted back into my Birks (which I hope to return to but not until the achilles tendonitis is under control).

So, I have found the Mercedes Benz of slip on house shoes. Actually, they are not house shoes. The have a footbed like a high dollar walking shoe but the top part is made out of stretchy Sandex with a little leather trim.
It has a velcro strap. It is called 'Dr. Zen.' I found it in the Footsmart catalog. http://www.footsmart.com . This is not a beauty queen. Okay, it's downright ugly. But it doesn't rub my tootsies. It expands to the natural shape of the foot. The only drawback is if you have a narrow foot. The shoe only comes in wide and extra wide... both men and women's sizes. Acording to the add, it has a rocker bottom abd a rigid shank.

They have a similiar footbed to the Ambulator if you've seen that shoe.

I tried several Propets. They were plenty wide but I was not impressed with the footbed.

The Shoe Queen...

Re: Shoe queen finds another gem: Dr. Zen shoe

Janet C. on 6/19/01 at 21:05 (051055)

Hi Beverly,

Thanks for the Web Site, they have lots of styles that look really comfy. Because my feet are getting ultra-sensitive with the TTS nerve damage which has developed into RSD, I'm looking for a shoe I can just slip into (and out of!), that gives my foot the needed support, or will allow room for my orthotics, and that feels like I'm wearing nothing at all! - Is that asking too much?! ;)

Best wishes always~
Janet

Re: Shoe queen finds another gem: Dr. Zen shoe

Janet C. on 6/19/01 at 21:05 (051055)

Hi Beverly,

Thanks for the Web Site, they have lots of styles that look really comfy. Because my feet are getting ultra-sensitive with the TTS nerve damage which has developed into RSD, I'm looking for a shoe I can just slip into (and out of!), that gives my foot the needed support, or will allow room for my orthotics, and that feels like I'm wearing nothing at all! - Is that asking too much?! ;)

Best wishes always~
Janet